News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

parts needed

Started by fordlover84, 2010-12-30 11:00

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Fordlover,
    The stock log manifolds that fit any 352, 390 Galaxie from 62-65 will fit a 57 Ford with a stock power steering box. These are 8 bolt manifolds. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

fordlover84

Thanks Jim,
Do you know where i could get any?

Ford Blue blood

Rock auto has manifolds for mid 70s FE truck engines that are rather inexpensive.  Lono installed a mid 70s FE from a truck and it fit with the stock manifolds.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

fordlover84

I've tried '75 truck and '68 truck manifolds and neither one of them fit.  If you could get me information on Leno's car and how it worked, a picture or directions i would appreciate it. Thanks.

wildhog

FORDLOVER84. YOU CAN RUN A 390 WITH THE STOCK LOG MANIFOILDS IN A 57 WITH THE STOCK STEERING BOX, ALSO THERE ARE A COUPLE OF SHORTY STYLE HEADERS MADE FOR THIS SWAP, BUT WE HAVE FOUND THE EASIEST WAY TO SOLVE CLEARANCE PROBLEMS IS BUY USING A RACK&PINON SET UP. TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

JimNolan

Fordlover84,
   A Fairlane 500, that's great. Would you insert a picture of it next post. Jim

fordlover84

Jim,
I found a set of those manifolds, and they appear to clear. I will update you with pictures.

fordlover84

i tried to upload pictures. dont know if it worked.

fordlover84

pictures uploaded to my website...

57fairlane.webstarts.com

hope you like the pics. ill keep updating them as i make progress :003:

JimNolan

Fordlover,
    It looks like you've got a nice way to work on the body. How long have you been working on it. Also, you need to post those pictures in the under-construction gallery on this website. Jim

fordlover84

i tried to post them in the under construction but it says that my pictures are too large. Do you know how to make them smaller or post them? I've had it about 15 years but have only been working on it for about a month. I'm off work for surgery.

JimNolan

Fordlover,
   Here goes.
1. Make a new folder on your computer named " resized Pictures".
2. Copy any picture you want to post on the website into that folder.
3. Click on the picture in the new folder to open it.
4. Find a photo edit function and click on resize.
5. More than likely it'll show you the width and height of the photo in inches.
6. Click on the tab at that location to change it from an inches format to pixel format.
7. Now it will show you pixel width and height. Example (1600 pixels wide, 800 pixels height).
8. Now take the biggest pixel number (width) and devide that number into 800. Example ( 1600 pixels divided into 800 pixles = .5 )
9. Replace the original pixel width number with 800. Was 1600, now 800.
10. Now multiply the second number ( height ) by the .5. Example ( .5 X 800 pixels = 400 pixels )
11. Now replace the second number ( height ) with 400 pixels. Was 800, now 400.
12. Now click on save picture and you can use that picture to post on the website.
Jim

fordlover84

Thank you. i edited my pictures and now they are in the under construction section.

Frankenstein57

The bottom view of that car looks to be pretty solid, should be a good starting point.  Mark

fordlover84

thats where im starting