News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Collector Car Insurance

Started by RICH MUISE, 2011-01-24 09:51

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

ditto what James said. Bill, I thought I had remembered usaa telling me that also, but it was a long time ago and I wasn't sure. I'm going to check back with them to see if things have changed. Alot of you guys are getting great rates...things have changed alot since way back when. It use to be anything with any kind of hoped up motor you were going to pay thru the nose for. I guess insurance companies have finally come to realize our colector cars are actually a lot less likely to be trashed from abuse. Sounds like my biggest problem will be finding a company that insures project cars and components.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Rich I have my home owners with USAA as well and my project cars are covered on the rider for the shop, AS LONG AS THEY HAVE NO TAG, get them registered and they move to an auto policy.  They will pay the going rate for a project car before you start plus the money spent on parts and such.  Need to keep every invoice!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

suede57ford

I've got Grundy on all my stuff, even the project cars.  Great Rates and Easy Terms.

They have a $5000 minimum value, but that comes out to be just under $100 per year per car.  Definity gives me a better feeling about all the cars in storage waiting on me.

57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

Bubba

Bros:
I had GEICO for many, many years, my Bro-in-Law, suggested I try USAA.
Got better coverage and saved big bucks to boot by changing to USAA.
BTW they also thank you for your military service each time you call them AND you're talking to someone here in the good Ole US of A not the Philippines or Hong Kong!!
I asked them about collector car insurance and they said they work through another agency.
I will follow up and see if they can save me anything on the 57 Fairlane and the 68 Mustang.
Will let you know how it plays out.

RICH MUISE

while we are on the insurance topic...if any of you have a covered trailer and don't have full coverage..look into it. When I sold my businesses and house in Colorado, I had to physically combine all of the business stuff that I had previously in several locations, and move all of my personal stuff to Texas. I bought a 16' enclosed cargo trailer and used it continuously for 3 months, about 12 trips to Texas included. After it sat in my driveway for a year unused, I decided to sell it since it was just becoming a storage area anyway. When I bought it, I checked with my insurance company(usaa) to see if I needed to add it to my policy. They told me as long as I was towing it with my covered vehicle, liability was already included in my policy, but that I could add FULL coverage for seven dollars a year!, which I did of course.
Anyway, I paid 3200. for it new, and decided to sell it for 2700. while it was sitting in my driveway,for sale, we had a hail storm that put a whole bunch of small dents in the lightweight aluminum skin. When the adjuster was out looking at the damage on my cars, I mentioned the trailer, and to my surprise it was covered. I got an estimate of 2750. to repair it, less my deductible, I got a check from usaa for 2550. Two weeks later, I sold the trailer for 2550. also...hell of a deal. made 2 grand on it and used the hell out of it. all for a 7. policy increase.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Bubba

Rich:
You have to love USAA!!!
BuBBA