News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Ford Club?

Started by Bubba, 2011-02-11 14:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba

Bros:
I've been kicking around the idea of forming a 57 Ford club in Virginia.
Does anyone know if one already exists?
If anyone out there in 57 land is interested or if Mr J. Potter has a list of members to this web site who live in VA that he can share [wsithout violating anyone's confidentiality] I will volunteer to contact them to see if there's any interest.  I would also consider expanding the club to the MD and DC areas to add to the membership if there's an interest.
Thanks
BuBBa
Keep The Peace at Home Remember Monday the 14th is Valentines Day, what woman WOULDN'T want a Bright shiny new front 57 bumper :003:

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: Bubba on 2011-02-11 14:02
  Monday the 14th is Valentines Day, what woman WOULDN'T want a Bright shiny new front 57 bumper :003:

Well she just might........ :005:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

I kinda like her old bumpers just fine, I'll think of something else. Maybe a wax job.
It would be nice if everybody would post on their info sheet where they live so it shows on their posts. Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Bubba

Bros:
Well its beginning to look like the idea of forming a 57 Ford Club in Virginia is definitely an Idea whose time has NOT come. perhaps I should have mentioned the Free Beer at each meeting  :005:
I guess I'll just move on to other issues, not waste anymore time on this and drink the beer myself...
BuBBa

shopratwoody

The beer sounds good. Just too far away for me.
I hate blocksanding!

Ford Blue blood

Bubba keep em iced down....I'll come drink one (or2 or 3 or...) with ya when I come up to visit the kid and the grandchildren.  :003:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

wv 57s forever

:burnout:

i belong to a mustang and ford club in my area if you are not in a club already you might want to look around, not many 57s but a lot of good people that want to share there wisdom and friendship.

RICH MUISE

There are so few of us, relatively speaking, scattered around the country I would think they'd be very few areas that had enough '57 owners in one area to form a club. So Cal is the only place I can think of off  hand where that could probably happen. We're probably stuck with the occational cross country gatherings in places like Columbus.
Here in Texas, I'm in Amarillo, have a friend here with a '57 in the begginning stages @ Burris Machines, Pat is in Lubbock(125 miles), his brother James is in Austin(about 2 light years south), Briney is in Dallas (375 miles South). I know there are other '57 owners in my area I've seen at shows, but don't know who they are, as is the same for the rest of Texas. If there are any other members from Texas, let me know so we can keep track and maybe make a contact list for a future gathering, maybe as a group within a larger show. A get together at a place like the Vernon weekend long crise-in would be great and probably as centrally located as we'd find.
If there are any non-member guest Texans reading this send me an e-mail: richardmuise@yahoo.com
Sorry I forgot texasmark1 in houston.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57AGIN

Rich & Guys:

After about 8 years of trying to interest the 57 owners here in Southern Calif. to bring their 57's out of their garages for cars shows, cruises, etc., I have to agree with wv 57s forever.  I don't think a 57's club would be successful out here either.  I belong to a Mustang club & Team Shelby and not just because I have a Shelby GT.  Rick and I attend enough car shows in and around LA & Orange Counties that a couple of the Mustang clubs have actually started to have a 57 Fords class in the shows they sponsor provided we can get at least 3 57's to register.  Others have started to do a 50s Fords class in addition to their Galaxie & Fairlane classes.  Our 57 Fords International club as it is structured seems to be one heck of a good idea, works well keeping the early members interested and offering newbies the help we all can use. 

I guess I'll continue to try to get a some of the 57 owners out here interested in going to selected car shows as the 57 Fords International Club.  The Club stickers will help and maybe I can figure out something other form of advertising our club.

Bob
57 AGIN

JPotter57

Bob, let me know how many you want and I'll send you some.  When we run out I'll have more made.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57AGIN

James:

I have enough for now, no shows to go to at this time and no car to take. I will let you know when I've run out and need more. 

Thanks,

Bob
57 AGIN