News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

scamed !!!

Started by fordaholic, 2011-03-27 19:51

Previous topic - Next topic

fordaholic

Just a warning to everyone who is as trusting as I am. Please don`t get caught as I did. If anyone on this site is an ebayer as I am ; beware! I recently had my first bad experience on ebay. 230+ deals on ebay with 100% feedback and I still didn`t see it coming. I am sure a lot of others on this site are ebayers. Here in Canada it is the only way to track down a lot of hard to find peices. Anyway : here`s how it went down. I inquired on a wanted add that claimed to have a ford junkyard in Calf. which was loaded with parts. He claimed to have the part I wanted (rad cradle) and offered it at a fair price plus shipping. I agreed; he sent a paypal invoice; I paid it. (he has 849 deals with 99.2% feedback) looks like a good ebayer. Two months go by. I thought christmas was the reason for slow shipping. Email after email, then he answered. He said the part had been returned and that my address was wrong, and he had lost my email address.  ????? The only reason he responded to me was because I (asked a question) through ebay on another add he placed. Ebay sees these questions and answers so he didn`t want to give himself away.  He asked me to resend my address. I did but I knew where this was going. Email after email ; no response to this day and no part. What I learned here (the hard way) buy within ebay.  Oh ya! just incase anyone wants to know who this guy is; go on ebay motors right now and look at item #320676388535. Guys BEWARE, don`t get it where the sun don`t shine like I did.   Cheers  Gary   

canadian_ranchero

i too have been burned,because of the shiping time,when you ask where the item is,ebay says your complant time limit is up and will not help you   

Frankenstein57

I've had about 100 transactions on ebay, mostly positive. One of the first things I bought was from a known hot rod parts guy in Iowa, 2 months -nothing. His email was full, not allowing input, and they didn't answer the phone. When I finally got my parts I left negative feedback, so he left me negative feedback, said I had a goofy address. The only other problem was a guy sold me a 57 grille, his photos were from the top, you couldn't see the grille looked like it had been run over. I asked him for 1/2 my $$ back and I'd go away, he got all bitchey. Mark

JimNolan

I've bought a bunch of parts off ebay. I've had very good luck with ebay. They've even paid for the return shipping when the seller wouldn't pay. If you get a complaint turned in within 45 days ( think that's what it is ) they'll lock up the sellers account until it is resolved. Also, anything you buy outside of ebay should be done with a credit card. The credit card company's don't care who steals from them but they'll give you back your money or call the people and resolve the problem in a conference call with all parties.
    If I don't trust a place I'm buying from I'll check the box on PayPal that says (use other source for payment) and use the credit card number. That way I'm protected through ebay and the credit card company. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Ford Blue blood

While I don't do that much ebay I did have one run in with a parts guy/gal.  Parts for my 60 Unibody, paid with pay pal, no parts, did get emails from the vendor saying one of "the three greatest lies", but no part.  Then no emails, this was over a three week period.  Filed the complaint, got my money back in full, never heard from the vendor again and no longer see them on the Ford side of ebay.  Don't like the "off ebay" guys, list and then offer off line, as the system then can't help you.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Frankenstein57

One thing I forgot to mention, you need to file any grievance within 3 months of the purchase.Ask me why I know, the shifty seller stroked me around just long enough to let that expire. Mark