News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

TORNADOES

Started by shopratwoody, 2011-04-28 12:14

Previous topic - Next topic

shopratwoody

Hope all of our Southerners are alive and well :unitedstates:
I hate blocksanding!

Ford Blue blood

Yup, I'm good, nothing but a few twigs and droppings from the tornado.  The big one did go 2 - 3 miles north of me.  A friend wasn't quite a lucky, lost the roof of his house and shop, damaged several of his vehicles, 70 Boss 302, 57 Ford 2dr ht, 33 Ford hot rod, 55 Ford school bus (chopped and shortened) and a couple of later model Rancheros.  The three parts cars parked in the same spot had no damage what ever.  Don't know how bad it is as we can not get into the area...even to help him clean up. 

Hope everyone else was as blessed as I was and had no damage.  MS took a big beating too!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

cool57

I was wondering too. Saw the mayor of B-ham on tv this morning, town looked hurt. Glad you are OK.

glen b henderson

Glad to hear that all is OK with you and yours Bill. Let me know if we can help anyway.
Freedom is not Free

shopratwoody

It looks devasting down there. Brutal
I hate blocksanding!

JPotter57

We fared ok in south MS.  Had warnings all day but none touched down near us.  My home town in. TN got sacked by 3 or 4 tornadoes.  My prayers for those affected by the storms.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ford Blue blood

The warning system worked great, there should have been no one that didn't know one was on the ground and moving.  I watched three of them live on the TV as the state has an extensive "sky cam" network.  We have two great meteoroligist in the market area, the ABC and Fox stations do a great job with the severe weather situations.  Both go to continuous coverage if there is a tornado warning issued by the NWS.  I personnally like James Spann on ABC. 

Now having said all of that, these storms were so strong that many of the "safe" spots that are recommended did no good!  The slab was wiped clean and those folks never stood a chance, the bathroom, center room or hall closet were all gone.  We have a storm shelter in the basement (put there by the previous owner/builder) so worry about personal safety was down on the list.  Never gave a thought to any of the "stuff" that would get lost if we were hit, just interested in getting the wife and her cat down in the basement.  Now sitting in the shelter waiting is just as bad as being shot at in a war zone!  Do not want to do either again!!!!! We are up to 250 dead in AL with around 450 still missing, really grim.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II