News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

just a SICKNESS !

Started by RICH MUISE, 2011-05-02 07:04

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I was at the Pate swap meet in Fort worth this weekend talking cars with a vendor from Lawton, Oklahoma, and when I answered his question about what I was working on, he said "see that guy over there... he's my uncle, and has over 30 '57 Fords!"
I went over and told his uncle I was working on a '57 Ford, and was told he had over 30 of them..I don't know what kind of business your in, so I'm curious if this this just a hobby, or do you sell parts, or???
He smiled and responded, "It's just a sickness I've had". I said, yeah I can understand that, and I've only got one.
Anyways, he explained he got his first one when he was in high school (he's 60ish) and has never not had one. All 30 were bought with the intentions of restoring them, so my guess is the're mostly complete cars in restorable condition. He said he has in fact restored a number of them. He also said he has come to realize that restoring all of them is not going to happen, so he needs to start thinning out his collection in case something happens to him as he doesn't want to leave that burden on his wife. His business card I later noticed, indicates he is in the restoration business.
I will give him a call later this week and get some more info, and prod him a little more to join our website (almost unbelievably, he had never heard of us or John's website.) I'll also try to get some more info from him on a guy from Texas he told me about that has an even bigger collection than him.   Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Jerrys Kars

SICKNESS? Yeah baby, so what's wrong with that?

suede57ford

My wife asked if my sickness is hereditary and is there a chance our future kids could catch it.   

I told her "I hope so"....
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

Ford Blue blood

Have to agree...it is hereditary, my dad had it and I have it  :003: .  I keep telling my wife every time there is a little sod session about garage time that I could be chasing little white balls around a cow pasture.... :005: .
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II