News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

polish machine

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2011-05-31 10:18

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

ok a bit off topic, but if i don't polish my cars i won't have cars to talk about,   i'm looking for a polisher or machine to rub out my car,   the one i have is so oldddddddddddd,  that i can't get pads etc for it anymore,   anyone have some names or what kind do u use??????????,    i c they have the kind that use a velcro type that i saw on one of the car programs,    let me know what happening before my cars rush out, so i can get one,   thanks    jerry

shopratwoody

Jerry,
I would recommed a quality buffer with the velcro pad. Any good auto paint store
should have them. 3M is always a good product.
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

iamflashman

I (and my brother) both use a Dewalt buffer.  Super high quality with a medium price.

Mine is model # is DW849 and it runs about $170.

James
1957 Ford Convertible 428CJ/Tremec TKO
1957 Ford Ranch Wagon 5.0L EFI/AOD - sold :(
1964 Fairlane 500 Thunderbolt clone
1958 Edsel Bermuda

1957 ________________ Ford
\___((_______________))___/
(@)________V__________(@)
[________I_____I_________]
__[__]__ o_______o___[__]___

geraldchainsaw

ok guys,  thanks for the info,   being the cheap guy that i am,   my old polisher has been saved,   i took a 5/8 stud drilled a 1/2 hole in it,  tack welded it,  mounted it to my machine,  and wa la, wokrs great,  what made me fix it was,    i went to painters supply and they didn't have any in stock,  went to murrays or reileys not much there either, wents to Lowes,  gave up and fixed my own,   get a few pads in stock and set to go,   thanks again,   sometimes i just fix things instead of buying,    Jerry

RICH MUISE

I've been using a Harbor freight variable speed 7". I've had it for a couple years now. It has the velcro quick change setup, and as I mentioned, the very important variable switch. Cost is about 40, or less than 30 if on sale. Don't lose the extra set of motor brushes that come with it...like all harbor freight electric stuff, the motor brushes wear out quickly. Throw away all the polishing pads and bonnetts that come with it, and pick yourself up a good lambs wool and a foam or 2 pad at a body shop supply store. This is one of those harbor freight tools that's over the top as far as I'm concerned regarding value for a low buck tool. Just remember the polishing lambs wool pads Hf sells are crap..don't take the chance of damaging your paint...a good quality one from a supply store isn't that expensive($15?)
I just checked www.harborfreight.com, clicked on current flyer, and right on the first page I found the unit I'm talking about..on sale for 29.99 thru 6/19
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe