News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

brakes

Started by zetterberg, 2011-06-05 23:14

Previous topic - Next topic

zetterberg

I just did a conversion from power brakes to frt disc only, but I need a standard brake pedal.

JPotter57

Manual or automatic?
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

zetterberg

JPotter57

Got three manual, no automatics..
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

Z....Maybe it's just too early, and I haven't had enough coffee yet, but I'm confused why you need a new brake pedal because you converted to disc brakes.?? Are you looking for just the pedal (pad) or the pedal arm?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Rich I think he had original power brakes before the change.  The power brake pedal assembly is completely different then the manual brake assembly.  There are a couple of old threads dealing with this. RAWms (Roger) had this problem with his if I remember correctly.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Hmmm. makes me wonder if mine will work. I replaced my original clutch/manual brake pedals with an automatic (single) pedal from a '61..looked pretty much the same setup except for maybe the plunger rod which I knew I'd have to modify anyway. The '61 donor car was pretty well stripped, so don't know if it had power or manual brakes. If it still had the original rubber pedal pad, I discarded it (for a new '63 with s.s. trim),so I can't tell what it had by any markings that might have identified the brake system. Thanks again Bill.   Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Rich the mounting for the pedals in the fire wall brace is slightly different between the manual transmission and the automatic transmission, bushings and rod length for the pedal swing.  The pedal for manual brakes is the same for auto or manual, just the mounting is off (I think)(please corect if my old timers has struch again!). Thanks......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II