News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

hoes for rack & pinnion

Started by tarheel57, 2011-07-17 17:03

Previous topic - Next topic

tarheel57

Hello,you guys that have used the rack & pinnion steering setup.What did you end up using for hoses? I have the Wildhog setup and it came with information telling what size fittings to use on the rack.I am using the early 70s power sterring pump which just takes a clamp on the return hose on the pump.If anyone has any part numbers (napa,etc ) that they used for this it would be a time saver.Or did everybody just have there hoses made up? Ready to hook my rack to the pump and trying to save some time,Thank, Tarheel57 :unitedstates: 

Alex L.

i'm going the -AN hose route. that way i can make them myself once i have the parts on the car and they can fit perfect and look spiffy.

slo poke

I used the same pump as you. I cut off tubing and welded on a #6AN fitting from speedway motors. They also have power steering hose, adapters from rack to #6AN, and 90 degree fittings. Had to have a fitting made to go from Ford thread to #6AN for pressure side, looks like an S and clears shorty haeders. Here is the numbers 6177106 weld-on threaded bung.  106FC300 aeroquip hose.  1061389 90 degree fittings. I used kit from John and it is everything i hoped for. Lost some turning to the left because rack sticks out, but it sure is a joy to drive now. Absolutely no slop in steering. I also used a  30inch column from ididit with tilt and a new wheel. Hope this helps