News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Paint finally starting to go onto 57 AGIN

Started by 57AGIN, 2011-08-03 14:12

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

Hi All:

Well, I can finally tell pretty much what it is going to look like when the painting is all finished.  When I went over to the shop after work today, I found the 57 in the spray booth and blue has been applied.  It really is a striking color combination.  Santini is already trying to talk me out of using the Cragar S/S rims, which were a perfect complement to the period correct turquoise over white color the car was before.  I still like the Cragars, irregardless of the fact that the car is more of a resto-mod now, than a 60's period correct 57.  He's already pretty much convinced me to do away with the raise white letter TA Radials.  But I absolutely refuse to go to a 20" rim with rubber band tires.  Anyway, I've attached 3 photos of the 57 in the spray booth.  Pete said that he's going to put the car outside tomorrow and let it dry out for about a week, before buffing it out.  Then I can have the car towed home and Rick and I can begin the final chassis cleanup and reinstall the engine, trans and other pieces before taking it back to Santini's to install the fenders, front & rear windows and lots of other miscellaneous pieces.

Bob
57 AGIN

shopratwoody

I hate blocksanding!

RICH MUISE

"Santini is already trying to talk me out of using the Cragar S/S rims,"
Funny that came up...before I painted my car silver I had always envisioned it red with torquethrusters..Now that it's dark Silver I'm thinking polished billets..Foose style. I agree with you though, there's no way my car's gettin' 22" wheels with narrow tires. But who knows..by the time I get around to buying wheels and tires I may decide the narrow tires aren't so bad!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Billet Specialties Legacy, 16s and 17s, silver center and polished rim......black walls.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57AGIN

Here are a couple of shots of the 57 drying in the sun taken outside the booth on 9-1-2011.

Ford Blue Blood, I tried looking up  Billet Specialties Legacy wheels and couldn't find any Legacy models. What manufacturer?  American, Foose, Ansen, etc.???

57AGIN

Here's the last two shot before Rick and I start rebuilding the 57 at home.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

OOPS, two quarter views were the same.  Sorry about that.  Here is the one I left out.

Bob
57 AGIN

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

Bob I think that color combo is going to look fantastic when she's all back together...You're already ahead of me there..your doors and dash are in!   Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57AGIN

Rich:

Your car is definitely further along than mine as, I've seen some real nice upholstery on yours.  I'm still trying to think about the upholstery, as the car is definitely no longer "period correct in color.  I do know a couple of things though:  The Glide Engineering bench front seat will stay.  The front bench has a fold down arm rest that holds a coffee cup, I'm going to see if I can have it modified to hold two cups.  I'm thinking that I will have the upholster put a little more padding on the sides of both the seat and the upright back support to give the seating a little more sculpted and comfortable look (somewhat like a bucket seat, but not).  There will definitely be arm rests, at least up front (I really liked what you did, but mine will be different).  Finally, the back seat will also have more of the same padded & sculpted look and will have to fold down so I can get my surfboard inside the car.  The car may have changed its colors, but it will still be my Multi-Purpose-Vehicle (MPV), Cruising, Showing, Drag Racing, and Surfing.

Bob
57 AGIN

57AGIN

Ford Blue Blood:

Yes, it is a bit shiny now, but from what Pete tells me, after the car is buffed out in a few weeks, the colors will both really POP (whatever that means).  I'm still waiting to see what he has planned for the trim to replace the gold anodized pieces.  Mine were still OK, but somewhat faded.  We'll see what he comes up with and whether I'll let him do it.

Bob
57 AGIN

JPotter57

Look at having your pieces re-anodized.  There should be a lot of places doing that in SoCal.  Hard to beat oem trim.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

shopratwoody

I hate blocksanding!

Ford Blue blood

Ford Blue Blood, I tried looking up  Billet Specialties Legacy wheels and couldn't find any Legacy models. What manufacturer?  American, Foose, Ansen, etc.???

Bob have seen them around for a while, re-pops/new-pops of older racing wheels.  Saw them in an add in the 2011 November Street Rodder page 29.  Looks like a Billet Specialties wheel, they list a web site as www.billetspecialties.com  Have not looked to see if they are there.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

57AGIN

Ford Blue Blood:

I did look at the Billet Specialities site.  They have a lot of different styles of wheels lots of vintage stuff and from a wide selection of makers.

Bob
57 AGIN