News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

new to 57s

Started by 62galxe, 2011-10-18 18:29

Previous topic - Next topic

62galxe

Just thought id say hello. Hope I dont become a pest with all my questions. Been doing a lot of reading here. Lots of good info. Heres some piks of my project.
http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e186/62galxe/57%20del%20rio/
Some idiot cut the upper/lower valance and grille with a torch to remove the motor. Im going with a 390 C6 for motorvation.
Kenny

RICH MUISE

Welcome...Everytime I try to open your photobucket page, my computer freezes up. From what I saw it looks like you've got a nice solid project car there. Nice to see another from Texas..where's Magnolia?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

62galxe

Magnolia is just north of houston. Sorry your having issues wiyh my link.

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

JimNolan

62Galxe,
   I don't have issues with your webpage. I've looked at all your pictures and you've got a super nice body on that Del Reo. And a car lift. If I can be of any help just let me know. I've been dabbling with FE's for some time now. I can't tell you what to do with one, but I can sure tell you what NOT to do with one.
   Welcome to the website, we'll mislead you as much as we can and along the way you'll find these guys can offer a lot of good advice. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

JimNolan

Kenny,
   Went back and looked at your pictures a little closer. Did you know it's not a crime in Texas to kill people that cut the grille and front end out of cars to get the motor out. I think that's an old law.
   Your front fender chrome still looks good. If the primer isn't hiding any rust in the roof channels you've got an excellent body. Can I ask, where did you find a Del Reo with every piece of chrome still on it? Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

62galxe

Jim
I found it on craigslist. There is a piece of chrome on the passenger side thats off the car. I have it its just a little tweaked. The only rust sofar is rear floorpans, rear body mounts, small spot in passenger rear fender, bottom of front fenders. Fella that owned it had it stored in a barn so that helped. Always wanted a 57 ranch wagon. Didnt know there was a difference between ranch wagon and Del Rio till I bought this one.
Dont know what I can do about the picture link. Its a direct link to photobucket.
Kenny

Ford Blue blood

I think it is the McAfee in mine.  They sent an update three weeks ago and ever since mine has refused to open some pages and acts wierd with others.  Never had a problem with opening photobook links before the update....The link opens but I can do nothing once in, it is in a seperate window, close that window and all is well?
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Frankenstein57

Nice car, welcome to our world wide community. I always wanted to do a wagon, can I ask what it cost? If no, I'll understand.  Mark

RICH MUISE

Bill..I've got mcaffee also, so that may be the problem.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe