News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

All us Texas Guys

Started by RICH MUISE, 2011-11-20 20:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Wirenut

Rich, I haven't corresponded in a while but I recently moved from McAllen to La Vernia Texas. That is a small town just south east of San Antonio. I decided to get out of the border area..Still a Texan!!!!

RICH MUISE

Good to hear Kerby...That border area can be a little scarry at times. I made the notation on the original post about your new location. Keep us posted on your '57 progress.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

In 1959 I drove through Texas in an almost new former Ma. State Police 57 Ford 2dr custom.
Does that qualify me for anything?  Maybe as a wannabe Texan or  maybe cup of coffee?   

RICH MUISE

Heck...come on down...we'll drive anywhere in Texas you want....and I will supply the coffee.

Ecode70D

Wow!   That sounds like an invitation.   Thanks.

RICH MUISE

LAUDY57

Meteorman, maybe we do need our own thread. Don't want to change the subject in this one, I'm in Pender Harbour, 2 57's and a 58 in my neighbourhood -have friends in Houston.
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

Tom S

Met this guy briefly a few weeks ago that says his dad lives in Texas & has a '57 Fairlane.  He didn't know if he was on this site.  Ran into him again as he was leaving the big yearly Show & Shine last Sunday.  Has this chopped '55 pickup on a brand X chassis of some sort.  Buick?  He is up here in the Coast Guard.
Of course I forgot his name & his dad's name right off the bat & never got a last name.  I know his friend so I can find him again.
So, anybody down there claim this 'kid' with this truck? 

RICH MUISE

Unfortunatly not mine, but that's a gorgeous truck, so...can I claim him anyways?

VwDrvFnd

I am new here but count me in from Texas. I am on the North West side of Houston. I just recently purchased a raven black 57 Ranchero 66B with a 292 and a 3 on the tree.
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

RICH MUISE

Welcome to the forum. LOL...you must be doing alot of reading if you found this thread! I'll add you to our Texas list...cool. Is your Ranchero a driver, project, or both? we'd love to see some pics.
Rich (Amarillo)

VwDrvFnd

It's a driver, that is currently not being driven, I am a big fat guy and these cars just are not made to fit.  I am currently doing a lot of reading/researching about things i need to do to make it driver friendly for me. My original thought was to drop in a C4 with powersteering, power/disc brakes and an aftermarket column with tilt and shift. After doing some searching. i am thinking now to bolt up a cruise-o-matic, a drop'um and stop'um brake kit and i still cant figure oit what to do with the power steering and column. i need lots of advice and help!

Here she is

previous owner pic before the Lake pipes and Skirts
I have a rust hole in my passanger side inner fender well, It's 58 years old what do you expect?

Jeff Norwell

Welcome VwDrvFnd...... very nice Chero
Is that Von Franco's old Ranchero?.... are you a member of the Beatniks?
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

Nice ride...thanks for posting. Maybe with any luck there's a '57 or 8 owner in the Houston area with a smaller steering wheel and tilt column that would let you "try it on for size". It sure seems like the way to go for ya.
Your car looks like it's already been lowered. The drop n' stop front disc brake kits that use the Granada spindles will lower the car about 2 1/2", so you'll need to know what has been done already to lower your car. You may end up replacing the springs as well so you don't end up with too much drop.

VwDrvFnd

From what I understand Von Franco was the previous owner before the guy I got it from who only had it for a few months. No I am not a member of the beatniks!
It has been lowered but I plan on going with the drop & stop bolt on kit that uses the stock spindles. I have already modified the seat rails to let me slide the seat as far back as it will go and installed a 13 1/2" Grant steering wheel, it is better but still not a comfortable driving position and I am not a fan of having to use a clutch pedal.