News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Electronic speedometers

Started by 57 imposter, 2011-11-27 00:40

Previous topic - Next topic

57 imposter

My issue is with VDO and their electric speedometer. The first 10,000 miles the thing worked perfect then came cold weather. with temp.in the 20's and 30's if i didn't know better, I would swear the needle is trying to operate in oil. at 60MPH the needle will come up very slowly and get to 40 or 50 when I know the car is going 60. I have re-programed the thing till I'm sick of it and can't it to calibrate any closer than 10mph fast. and that has to be when the unit is good and warm. I guess the most irritating part is their complete lack of customer/tech. support. I have search wed sites and even called Summit racing cust service. They said they couldn't help but would try and get me a cust serv. number from VDO. When they got back to me they said they couldn't find one either. I'm about ready to give it to the guy i know that can throw the farthest and replace it with another one, although I have no reason to believe it would be any better and to go to another brand,will require a complete new gage package. Anybody else having trouble with VDO or is it just me?