News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Torq thrust II's vs 16" Smoothies

Started by Alex L., 2011-12-21 20:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex L.

this is an opinion thread.

I am going to be getting new wheels due to the upcoming disc brake conversion, but i am torn about which wheels to get.

i like the torq thrust II'2 and i like the smoothies.

Torq thrusts are more expensive but i think they look better.

smoothies are cheaper but i don't like them quite as much as the torq thrusts.

throw your opinions at me.

suede57ford

Get the TTII's. Appeals to everybody.   You could do the gray centered ones if you have a light colored car.  That looks real retro. 

Do not leat afew bucks compromize the way your car wheels look.  They are a major component of the appearance of your car.

We need as many cool looking '57 Fords as we can get out there to show what thier potential is.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

tarheel57

If you like the Torq thrust better,then you should go with them you will be glad in the long run.The difference you would save in money for the smoothies,you will have forgotten about 6 months down the road.I agree with you the Torq thrust does look better.Good luck, Tarheel57 :burnout:

Alex L.

on second thought, i don't think the front rims will fit due to size and back spacing.

Roger

Hi;Dont want to flood you with buy this or that but I have a 57 2 door hardtop with 79 T bird front spindles and discs and I have 17" x 7 wide foose wheels on mine and they work fine.I just dont think I'll be able to run my cruiser skirts for clearence reasons.I have about 1 1/2" clearence from tires to wheel well in the back.Here is the link to these wheels on Ebay.http://www.ebay.com/itm/17-FOOSE-LEGEND-STAGGERED-SET-5-LUG-5x114-3-/170742714900?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item27c10f1214   (you will  have  to copy and paste)
I  like them because they have the new look and yet still have the classic look.Good luck on whatever you get.It's fun just looking around and doing the shopping.

Roger

Alex L.

Unfortunately they don't ship to Canada.

Does anyone know if you can stuff 17"x8" wheels in the front?

Alex L.

I've found a much cheaper version of torq thrust II's that are actually lisenced by American racing. They are identical and I can afford them. Yay

shopratwoody

I hate blocksanding!

Frankenstein57

Alex, I would agree with suede57- not a place to compromise. Now that my car is repainted and has the trim all polished up, the wheels look funky. I looked at the link you posted, do the newer mustang wheels work good? with the backspacing and everything? I see mustang bullet wheels on craigslist once in awhile.  Mark

RICH MUISE

I also was looking at the Mustang wheels wondering if they would work. I don't even know if the lug bolt pattern is the same.  Any one know??
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

shopratwoody

If I remember right the backspaceing is all wrong. Double check though. I forget alot  anymore. :005:
I hate blocksanding!

57chero

The bolt pattern is the same 4 on 5-1/2 but the back spacing is wrong, using them on early mustangs you have to use spacers to bring them out.

Alex L.

I'm not going to go with the mustang wheels. With the cheaper TTII's being under 500 for 17's I'm buying those. That is the polished aluminum version.