News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Changing the Pig

Started by JimNolan, 2011-12-29 09:28

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

LOL, this is good...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

Jim...the "PART" you had installed..I was curious if that was the extra new 3:50 equilock you had ended up with for the '57?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JimNolan

Rich,
   In a few words " Lord God No". I had a 28 spline Trac-Loc 3.25 that I converted to 2.75 for the 63. I've still got the new 3.50 31 spline Tru-Trac, a 3.70 28 spline Equi-loc and a 3.00 28 spline open "part". " Parts anyone ". LOL Jim   PS forget the LOL, I'm really crying about having two cars and five "parts".
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

57AGIN

Jim:

You are right parts is parts and it's good to have more than you really need (unless there is a "parts" storage problem). 

I think I'm solving that problem by installing the TKO 600 with the .64 OD gearing and not having to store multiple "parts" to meet my different driving requirements.  Wow, this is a fun discussion thread, isn't it?

Bob
57 AGIN

JimNolan

Bob,
 You'll absolutely love that transmission. Your car is looking really good. Jim PS. Yes this is a fun thread. I've found out some of the simplist threads make for some of the best reading. Not because of the topic but because of the people responding to them. This is just a good bunch of guys to hang out with on the internet. And, every now and then we come up with something intelligent to say. LOL
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.