News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

forumn issues

Started by RICH MUISE, 2020-11-18 10:13

Previous topic - Next topic

akusler763

Just throwing this out there, I do work in IT and am somewhat tech savvy. I am not familiar with how these forums work, but if we need more volunteers to help as admins I would be willing to as a thank you for all of the good advice I have gotten on here. Just let me know and I can share my contact info.

Thank you,
Andy
1957 Fairlane 500 2-door Sedan w 390FE/C6
2001 Mustang GT Convertible
2016 F-150
1968 Thunderbird w 429/C6

RICH MUISE

I'll make sure James gets that message. Thank you.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

When I upgraded the forum software, some settings that werent there before got added, and the defaults didnt allow the pics to display properly,  I kept going over and over the attachment settings, and everything was right, so I logged back on the forum software support forum, and found a guy last week with similar problems. I used the answer they gave him him to figure it out. Compression was enabled which caused the pics to not display, so I disabled it, and fixed it. Never would have known that setting existed as it is deep in the admin pages and you have to search specifically for it to find it.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

terry_208

Thanks for all you do James.  I for one really appreciate all you do.  FYI, as I was typing this, this msg came into the first sentence "t :iamwithstupid:".  If something like this appears in one of my posts, know I didn't put it in there intentionally.
Terry

Tom S

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2022-04-15 21:47Not getting ANY notifications on threads I have marked for notifications. And every thread I post in...I have to physically request that there be notifications on each one as opposed to that being automatic.
Likewise. How do we fix that? Is there something that I have to change in my profile stuff?

RICH MUISE

Hugh has the same problem. I just looked at my forum info, and under forum profile,there is a drop-down with "NOTIFICATIONS" where you select how you want to be notified. I Don't know if it'll work for what you want, but try it.

JPotter57

Youll probably have to setup your notifications again..some ofvthe settings carried over, some didnt.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

Picture distortion....Guys, until James can get into the program, we need to restrict our picture posting to the old limitations of 4 pic max per post and 4k mb max per 4 pics. We need to resize pics before posting so they are under 1k per pic.

Tom S

Well over a month ago after seeing that my original notification preferences had been removed with this new thing I updated them in order to get the email notifications that I used to get.
Still not getting anything. The last one that's still in my email is dated April 5th 2022.
Can anyone help me out here? Please! Do I need to do something else?
If anyone has an answer to this problem maybe a PM to me will get through but considering how this new thing seems to be working tonight I'm not gonna count on it. : (
HELP!

mustang6984

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2022-04-23 21:51Youll probably have to setup your notifications again..some ofvthe settings carried over, some didnt.

James...Rich called me today and told me about doing that...so I just went in and used my forum sledgehammer on my profile page. Now I'll wait to see if the right stuff was clobbered. Do you have any hair left? I am sure this has caused more than one hair pulling fit!

Thanks!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

I've tried resetting mine several times and still don't get Email notifications. I get alerts that I don't need..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

I should have received a notice that hiball posted his above...since I changed all my stuff yesterday. No notice. FWIW.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2022-04-23 21:51Youll probably have to setup your notifications again..some ofvthe settings carried over, some didnt.
I've re-set my notifications several times & I still don't get any email notices. That makes it very difficult to participate here, so much so that without any help from the powers that be here I've about given up on it. 

CobraJoe

I agree, I do not receive notices on a lot of topics leading me to think that there is no traffic on the site, when in fact, there are people posting.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

cokefirst

Here is a couple of errors that maybe the sight administrator can look into.  From the home page, if you click on "contact", you get the following:  [contact-form-7 id="705″ title="Contact form 1″]  Not sure how I would use that to contact anyone.

Secondly, the link for Ford Road Parts is broken.  His web address is:  https://www.frpartsstore.com/  Maybe the link can be fixed.  Thanks!!
1957 Skyliner
1956 Thunderbird
1955 Thunderbird
1956 Ford PU
1931 Model AA stakebed