News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Anyone have pictures of their 460 swaps.

Started by 512Fairlane, 2012-01-29 18:51

Previous topic - Next topic

512Fairlane

Does anyone have pics of the FPA headers on a 460 in a 57?

gasman826

Quote from: 512Fairlane on 2012-02-06 22:13
Does anyone have pics of the FPA headers on a 460 in a 57?
I have pictures that I wrangled out of FPA but they were not very helpful.  The bigger problem was that FPA did not know what engine mounts were used.  Crites headers fit best with Crites' mounts (just ask them...they'll tell ya').  I was told that the CJ manifold will clear the steering box.  I made my own power rack and pinion and fenderwell headers.  Problem solved!!!!  AND YES...move the heads as tight as possible to the firewall.  I even made a core support.  Good luck.  Gary

shopratwoody

Nice looking 57. That hood is beautiful BTW :003:
I hate blocksanding!

JPotter57

I like that sneaky mid 60's Thunderbird scoop grafted on...very nice.  There is a guy here in town with one grafted onto his 67 Ford F100 shortbed..very cool.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

gasman826

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2012-02-11 18:00
I like that sneaky mid 60's Thunderbird scoop grafted on...very nice.  There is a guy here in town with one grafted onto his 67 Ford F100 shortbed..very cool.
Its nice that you noticed.  That hood represents many hours with hammer and dolly.  I skinned a '65 Thunderbird hood onto a '57 hood frame.  A few years ago I asked you about the part number for a roof.  If you look close, I also skinned the roof panel.  186 spot welds drilled as well as 186 spot welds drilled on the donor car.  Also smoothed the drip rails.
Take care,
Gary

JPotter57

That is very cool, subtle.  I didn't even notice the drip rails.  That is some slick bodywork, can't wait to see it in paint.  What color(s) are you going with?
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

Nice work Gasman...kinda makes me miss my car when it was still in primer.LOL
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

glen b henderson

Hey Gasman, if you want to get out of the cold up north, I've got one in south AL that you can practice on anytime. Second thought, don't look like you need any practice. By the way, that is a way cool frame jig/lift. I may have to start searching the scrap yards for some proper size I beam, are you listening Potter, with wheels and a set of taillights it would be portable.
Freedom is not Free

gasman826

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2012-02-12 11:05
That is very cool, subtle.  I didn't even notice the drip rails.  That is some slick bodywork, can't wait to see it in paint.  What color(s) are you going with?
Like Henry said 'any color as long as it is black'.  I am using this picture as a model for the interior.  Sewing machine at the ready and I've been practicing.  Seats, console, and dash have all been mocked up and ready for upholstery.