News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Fairlane 500 2Dr

Started by QwertyJuan, 2012-02-14 17:13

Previous topic - Next topic

QwertyJuan

I inherited one when my father passed away. It is in "reasonably" good shape....

https://picasaweb.google.com/106340407095381211393/1957FordFairlane5002Door?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Just wondering what it would be worth? Last time I rode in it was 1995-96 maybe? And it ran flawless at that time. No idea about now... I doubt he drove it many more times after that. It has sat in that garage for the last 22-23 years.

buckie405

Im building one the same color right now and I have over 10,000 in it so far !

QwertyJuan

If I were to sell it, what would be a reasonable amount? I think he put about 20k into way back when.... I know it's not worth that now however.....

buckie405

I would probably be looking for something between  12.000 and 16,000  ,the market is pretty soft right now on classics with the economy the way it is. but hey you can shoot for the moon and if you miss aim a little lower!

QwertyJuan

So if I asked 10k I wouldn't be asking too much??

I do NOT want to sell it... it has been my dream car since I was a kid, unfortunately I am dirt poor currently and need the money.  :'(

Frankenstein57

One option would be to clean it up good, put it on ebay with a reserve, let the market dictate what its worth. Mark

gasman826

I know this is kinda' personal...but you brought it up for the world to comment on.  I don't know your age or how long it has been since your father pasted, but maybe you should table this for a while longer.  You were poor before you inherited the car...you will be poor after the car is gone.  If you are a car guy, you will regret the sale of this car.  The money will be long gone and it did not solve much of anything.  I am not trying to be a hard ass.  I just know from experience.  My sisters and I sold out grandfather's farm.  After taxes and splitting it up, the little bit of money did not solve any on my life's real problems.  Just ask someone who has their first car, their dad's car, or the car that he and his wife honeymooned in if they remember how much the car cost or how much they could have gotten out of it 40 years ago.  IF they had sold it which would they rather have today...the money or the memories.  You have a remarkable opportunity for a legacy.  Just take some time and think about it.  Sorry for your lose.

RICH MUISE

ditto what gasman said, but that said, where is the car located?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Lou

I agree with gasman, but if you really want to sell it I'm intersted depending on where car is.

RICH MUISE

Anything happening with this post??
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

QwertyJuan

Sorry for not replying sooner... the car is located in a garage in Sault Ste. Marie Ontario Canada.

QwertyJuan

Anyone interested??

Or anyone want to make an offer?

gasman826

So...what would the price be delivered across the bridge????

fordaholic

Sorry but  I have to agree with Gasman 100% here. If this recession has got the best of you! I can tell you this for a fact. I have had a small business for 37 years and this is recession # 3 for me and they all have sucked. But the first two ended and each time things got much better. At the moment things are grim ; however I am confident that they will get better, as in the past and so will your state of affairs. Hang in if you can. Good luck whatever you do. And if I can ask Gasman a question here that is really irrevelent. I don`t know the rules for US residents importing a car from Canada; but I know we have a free trade agreement between our countries. I don`t understand why you guys (in general) are perinoid about coming into Canada to buy a car. I personally have bought many in the US and have never had any problems. There are thousands of good cars up here that only see the sun for 6 months of the year; but no one seems to want to come across to buy them. Can you explain? Are you hit with crazy taxes?   Cheers 

gasman826

I don't know the process but I am sure there is one.  I will study up on it.  I have crossed the border several times without issue.  I have had a couple of bad experiences where I did not know the answer to the question and got searched and delayed.  That was years ago and I am sure that it has not gotten better.  I really don't want to get a passport.  I am convinced that I will not get waved through customs with an untitled car tied to my trailer.