News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

With unique company

Started by RICH MUISE, 2012-02-24 22:08

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I just got back from the Decatur, Tx swap meet..after 7 hours of walking my back had had enough..it was nice to see the fair grounds full of vendors and buyers. As usual not too much 57 ford stuff..2 pairs of fender skirts, a rechromed front bumper, and a fairly solid but rough 2dr custom 300.(asking 3500)
The highlight of the day for me was meeting up with Randy from Lawton, Ok. and a friend of his by the name of Glen Large from Knox City, Tx. There we were, the three of us talking '57 fords when I realized their collections of '57 fords totaled over 100 vehicles!! Glen bought his first one, a blk and wht Fairlane 2 dr htp. when he was 18 and still has it. He told me he was determined to own 57 1957 fords on his 57th birthday and had to buy three cars that year to make it happen.
Both of them real neat guys to talk to..Glen has a museum called '57 heaven in Knox City where he has a few of his on display. The museum is only open when "he gets there", but he gave me his number and told me to call ahead....but honestly, I'm really hoping to see his collection "out in the desert", but I have a feeling those invites aren't handed out lightly...It'd be really something to see over 70 of our cars all in one place. Randy (Lawton, Ok) invited me to stop by his restoration shop and check out his collection of over 30....hmmm maybe my next road trip.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57AGIN

Rich:

Sounds like you had a great day.  It also sounds like these guys had the right ideas and enough of the $ (green) to do something about their ideas.  Lucky guys.

Bob
57 AGIN

Zapato

Rich, over the years have realized that at any swap meet there comes a time when one reaches sensory overload and end up missing lots of good stuff.  Lucky for me a former co-worker and his wife own an embroidery shop. So over the years he's done several one-off hats.   My latest says Wanted 57 Ford parts. I have one for my 51 ford and 56 Mark2 also. All are black with several bright neon color writing. As obnoxious a color as can be had the better. And a heck of a whole lot easier than walking around with a sign board hanging on you.

There are times when I've actually overlooked something in a booth and had the vendor point something out, or made a connection with someone just walking around.

With your new friend don't wait for an invitation ask for one. He's already checked you out and will probably be happy to have you out.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72