News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

another dumb question

Started by 62galxe, 2012-02-28 23:07

Previous topic - Next topic

62galxe

I see mention of 6 cyl and 8 cyl core supports. Since I have several loose ones how do I tell which are which?

RICH MUISE

Not a dumb question at all. Check to see if there is a part number stamped on them. One of the manuals should tell which part number fits the 6 or 8 cyl. I have a feeling the part numbers will only be found in the hard to find chassis manual, so one of the guys (like Canadian Ranchero) that has it may have to look it up for you. Or, if you find a part number, let me know what, and where,  it is and I'll see if it matches my 6 cylinder core. If that doesn't work...are the ones you have the same or are they different? If they are different, look to see which one places the radiator further frontwards...that would be the 6 cylinder core.... and the radiators are different also where the hose connections are.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hrsky

The 8 cyl radiator has the hose connection at upper right and the 6 cyl at the upper left. HR

dgasman

There is no difference in the core supports , they are all the same. The difference is the radiator . There is a 6 cylinder radiator and a 8 cylinder radiator .
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

RICH MUISE

That makes sense..guess I jumped in with a dumb answer....I've always said there are no dumb questions..only dumb answers and I gave one.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe