News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Ford Fender Skirts

Started by JimNolan, 2012-01-31 16:14

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

Guys,
  I bought a set of fender skirts for a 57 Ford a couple years back that I won't use. I paid 100 dollars for them. They are the older style with screw locking clamps. I'll take 100 dollars plus shipping for them. They are painted a baby blue now. Nice skirts. Jim
EDIT:  Guys, I don't know how these mount. I've tried to find out more about them. One place that sold fender skirts had a pair like these and he called the original fender skirts. The 57ford.com website shows a picture of original ford fender skirts that are different. So I don't know. I'd like to sell them but not at the expense of having someone buy them and then be disappointed with the purchase. It ain't worth it to me. So if you buy them it's up to you to figure out how they attach at the ends. Thanks
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

geraldchainsaw

hi Jim,   would u post a picture,  thanks   jerry

JimNolan

I sure will Jerry. I'll be out there today sometime. By the way, did you get your antenna functioning correctly. Jim

JimNolan

Jerry,
   Here's a couple pictures. All I had was my phone camera. Jim

ROKuberski

Are these still for sale?  Is there any special mounting hardware required for these?

Rich

JimNolan

Guys,
   These skirts are apparently an early version that even I haven't seen before. They fit the opening well but the way they attach is different than anything I've ever seen before. I've had a couple people ask about them but I talked them out of buying them because they didn't understand the way they bolted on either. The last thing I want is for someone to buy them and it end up being a disappointing purchase. Jim

Ford Blue blood

You have to drill holes for a bolt into the tab that is in the front of the wheel well and into the bottom of the quarter.  The screw in the center pulls the hook down to lock the top of the skirt to the fender well.  Those were after market.  The originals and/or the good Fox Craft had the center latch that had a lever that tucked up under a lip on the skirt, the edge of the skirt has four slots in it and the wheel well had four pins that located the skirt.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II