News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Fan Shroud

Started by mort1928, 2012-03-16 18:12

Previous topic - Next topic

mort1928

Hi guy's,
Need a little info again.
Where can I buy a shroud for my 57 Fairlane 500 with 292 motor

Thanks for any and all help
  Leon

Lou

What is your reason for needing one?

Frankenstein57

I just finished my under hood winter projects, the fan shroud was one of them. I like it for the separation from the fan when I'm under the hood when its running. And I added AC to the car using 134A, I thought it would help cool on a hot day, slow traffic, parade. I don't know of anyone making them for our cars,my brother saved me several from cars going to the crusher. I found one pretty close to the radiator size, I cut it about six or eight inches from the bottom tray. The two piece design makes it easier to remove in case you need to get in there. I'll snap a picture of it tomorrow, looks good in there. If you have access to a ford explorer, measure the radiator and shroud, I think it was more vertical like the 57 rad. Mark
Quote from: mort1928 on 2012-03-16 18:12Update, I got the car on the road this weekend mid 70's for the last 5-6 days, car ran 165-170. Even when I tried the ac.
Hi guy's,
Need a little info again.
Where can I buy a shroud for my 57 Fairlane 500 with 292 motor

Thanks for any and all help
 Leon

mort1928

Hi Lou,
The reason for the fan shroud is that it heats in stop and go traffic
Thanks
    Leon

Lou

As long as it doesn't overheat I wouldn't worry about it. I used to tow with my stock 55 Crown Vic, had a 16 lb presure cap on it and took the therostat out of it and never had it overheat. I did run a heavy duty trans cooler on it.