News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Stainless side trim/moldings?

Started by Tom S, 2012-05-29 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom S

EDIT: Trim found.  Thanks, Pat! 
I am looking for the stainless side trim/moldings like the ones outlined here.  If anyone has any of this please let me know.

suede57ford

I should have a complete set.  I already have a set off, but I have not closely evaluated the condition. I assume both sides? You can PM me if you like. Thanks, Pat
pmfleischman1@yahoo.com
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

Tom S

Quote from: suede57ford on 2012-05-29 21:16I should have a complete set. ....  I assume both sides?
That is outstanding!    Yes, both sides.  Forgot to make that clear.
To be very clear, I do want the type that is on this car.

I'll be anxiously awaiting for you to check out the trim & give me a price.  A real low price. 
Not sure how it would be shipped to here.   UPS & FedEx to here costs a fortune compared to the USPS.  Usually twice or three times the cost of the US Post Office.  Sometimes even four times the cost.  Not sure if the USPS can mail those those long pieces though.  I'll have to see if I can find out for sure.
Thanks! 

Tom S

Quote from: suede57ford on 2012-05-29 21:16I should have a complete set.
You can PM me if you like.
    PM sent.

Tom S

Where did Suede57ford go?   

suede57ford

I had vistors and customers at the shop the whole weekend so I was not able to go through the trim.  Hopefully one evening this week.
Thanks.
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
69 Boss 429

Tom S

Quote from: suede57ford on 2012-06-04 19:51I had vistors and customers at the shop the whole weekend ....
Ok.  Thanks!
I?ve had people just up & disappear on me, never to be heard from again. 
At least I know you?re still kickin?.    

Tom S

suede57ford

Tom,

I went through my sets and sent you a PM.

Thanks.
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
69 Boss 429

Tom S

Quote from: suede57ford on 2012-06-11 10:47
Tom, I went through my sets and sent you a PM. Thanks.
Outstanding!     I just replied to your PM.  
Thank you, thank you, thank you!    
Looks like you're now my best friend here.  Besides, you have a whole herd of 57s, you lucky dog.          

Tom S

Big kudos to Pat, aka Suede57ford.  He dug up all the trim I need, looked for the good stuff, packed it all up & mailed it to me yesterday.   That's a mighty kind thing to do for a new guy here.  That trim is gonna go a long way towards making my *new* Ranchero look half way decent.  Right now, with no trim & covered in crappy flat black paint it just looks like a big, plain, slab sided, flat black blob.  With an Edsel front end. 
Thank you, Pat! 

RICH MUISE

Tom...After reading about Jeff and Cindy's troubles, I needed a good laugh...and I must have laughed for 10 minutes after reading your last post. I guess you don't like flat black...would you hazard a guess at what color Pat's main-ride '57 is. LOL Maybe it's a good thing you posted that after he mailed them.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2012-07-04 11:01...would you hazard a guess at what color Pat's main-ride '57 is.
Is it red? 
Quote from: RICH MUISE...Maybe it's a good thing you posted that after he mailed them.
Ha!  Maybe so!  Nevertheless if you or Pat saw or touched this thing I doubt you would like the paint either.  Most of it feels like sandpaper.  The guy said, 'You don't wash it'.  He left me the lint roller he used to clean it.

What I have.

What I want.  But Torque Thrust wheels & no white letters would be even better.  Lost my photo-choppin' program.  : (

Wonder how it would look with Torque Thrusts & thin whitewalls?

I always put those thin whitewalls on my old vans.  They did need some dressing up, The others did not have all these windows that my present runner here has.  Always used those rare American Dragmaster wheels too.  (Yeah, I fixed that guys goofy exhaust routing.)

"Jeff and Cindy's troubles".  I saw that.  That's a real shame.  I hope she is doing well & will be getting much better ASAP.  I burned my hand pretty bad a few years ago.  Burns really suck.

suede57ford

What is all the "White Stuff" in the background?

To bad your not closer, one of my brothers is looking for a '58 edsel front end for a shop yard ornament.  That would take a bunch of boxes and trips to the post office to get it this far south.

Are there any more Rancheros up there? Seems like the winters would have really been hard on them.   Do they salt any of the roads?

Good Luck on your Ranchero. Sounds like you have a good plan.

57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
69 Boss 429

Tom S

Hey, Pat!  I don't even want to think about that white stuff.  We really got slammed by it last year.  Broke the 1954-55 record.
I have 6 motorcycles &  those are pretty much the only things I use for transportation all summer.  I get to ride for about 6 months a year but you are freezin' yer butt off at the beginning & the end.  Near the end people start mentioning that four letter word for that damn white stuff.  I usually bark at them that they don't have to use that kind of language around me. 

This is the only '57-'58-'59 Ranchero that I've seen around here in maybe 30 plus years.   Yes, the winters around this area are hard on on cars.  We don't use salt on the roads but cars still rust out pretty bad.

My old '73 hotrod van is a good example.  I used it for daily transportation for years, it rusted away & then a taxi slammed into the side of it.  I had already been looking for a replacement but couldn't find any of these '68-'74 Econolines.  Looked for over 20 years but they had already rusted away.  Tried the newer ones but don't like them.  Finally found some that had fair to good bodies & now have a herd of them but they all need something to make them the way I wan't or even to drive.  I have more vehicles than one old man can reasonably handle. 

Here is that '73 less the wheels that are on the white van above.  The white one looks much better in the pic than it really is.

Earlier Fords suffer from the same deadly cancer.  The Ranchero looks ugly now but it does have a solid body. 

Now I have to decide what I'm going to replace that slant 6 & automatic that is in the Ranchero.  I have a low mile '72 302  that I thought I was going to use.  I also have a good running '66 390 that I've been wanting to put into something for a long time.  I'm getting a 4 speed toploader with 4th gear overdrive to go ahead of the 3:56 rearend.  With the gas hitting $4.50 a gallon I was thinking 302.  But as a friend pointed out I probably won't be driving the Ranchero all that much.  I like the big block power, so ...??

Ok, all that's probably a lot more than what belongs here.
I'm going to be looking for the trim to show up here today if not tomorrow.