News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Ford Hobby Stock

Started by millertime, 2012-10-23 10:01

Previous topic - Next topic

millertime

Not sure if this belongs on general discussion or not, but I found a couple pictures of my dads 57 hobby stock race car from the 68-71 Dells Motor Speedway.  About a year and a half ago I found a car to do a replica of his car with, so with these pics I can begin. Yep thats me in the pic also my grandaughter in the car I found. I cut numbers out of sheet magnets just to see what the 1/2 would look like.
MILLERTIME!

RICH MUISE

I'm not sure about that goofy lookin' kid in the second pic, but that duplicate pic with the grandaughter is cuter than hell. Awesome idea to replicate your Dad's car. Thanks for sharing.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

millertime

Lol, you're not kidding on the two kids!! should be a fun project.
MILLERTIME!

JimNolan

Thanks for sharing. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

sprink88

~Chris

Ford Blue blood

Scott? I assume from your profile, would that be Wisconsin Dells?  I am from Pardeeville originally (actually on a small farm outside of town) and spent many a Saturday night watching Dick Trickle, Marv Marsifca (sp?), Dave Markus and Johnny Soder (sp again?) up there after they shut down the 1/4 mile dirt track in Portage.  Don't remember your dad's car but I joined the Navy and left the area in 65.  My family and the wifes' are all in Portage and Antigo and we make frequent trips to both areas every year.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57 Ford Kustom

it is always cool to have the old photo's, seems to bring the past to life! I have a origonal pic of my Dad's first car (57 Ford custom 4 dr.), Heck I even  have the origonal paper plate off that car dated June 1960! You've gotta get us some footage of you in action with it!
Thanks,
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

millertime

Thanks everyone. Tim, it's a long way from the trck, but I will prob take a bunch of pics of the build.
Bill, I bought the inside rear window trim pieces from you a year or so ago. I met you in Pardeeville before your mom passed. I remember those guys racing, also Tom Reffner, and I dont remember but have been told Dave Marcis raced there too. I went a couple times this year. I know it's not a 57 but here is my uncles car, it was my dads before he built the 57. He sold it to my uncle and he raced it another yr. (a little battle tested to say the least.)

Ford Blue blood

OK....sorry I didn't put the two of you together(you and the window trim).  Dave Marcis is who I was thinking about and forgot about Reffner....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II