News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

4.6 being installed now

Started by RICH MUISE, 2012-12-03 22:34

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Old thread, but wanted to add this info here.
The sizes of the oil pickup tube apparently changed from '94 to '95. The one I was using in my '95 engine that had to be transfered to my replacement '94 engine didn't fit. The tube size O.D.on the '94 was 13/16, and the '95 was 15/16. I resolved this by cutting the mounting flange with a few inches of tubing from both pickup tubes and welding up something that would work. What made this a little easier is the smaller tube fit inside the bigger one with a little 2" disc work.
Care needs to be taken as that flange sits at about a 20* angle from the screen end of the tube.
I also recently discovered that the continental oil pans are now being reproduced. The only problem with that is you're still gonna need the pickup tube from a continental so it doesn't eliminate the ebay or salvage yard search.
I'm guessing the pickup tube search should be limited to the same year as the engine it's going into. I just lucked out aparently my first time around.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe