News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

selling car

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2012-12-10 10:46

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

ok,  a guy came by,  with his wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,    after he talked to her,  he says to me,  (the cars black),  and theres some waves in the quarter panels,    saiod he would have tpo do some serious talking with ther wife,   i think he just didn't want to say he didn't want the car,   and then he brought up the check thing again,    says it has to do with his business and for taxes at end of year,  so i said ok,  what i could do would be,  give me the check,  i'll take it to my credit union,  and when its ok's he can pick up the car,     he did travel 70 miles to look at the car,  i think hes looking for a show car,  super  cheap,   o well, on to the next guy,   Jerry

RICH MUISE

excellent decision. Just the fact that he's trying to write off a classic car as a business expense kinda tips you off as being a shady character...unless of course he's in the classic car sales business.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Re$urrected57

Well the fact too that he came with his wife, doesn't help the matter any.  Nothing against women, I don't tell my wife what I'm doing, nor do I bring her along on my ventures on buying classic cars.  My wife seems to always have a negative look on cars, especially when it takes my time away from her.  Poor fellow...

RICH MUISE

My wife seems to always have a negative look on cars, especially when it takes my time away from her.  Poor fellow...

LOL..not sure if your talking about you or the guy whose wife came with him.

Re$urrected57

Ha Ha, I guess you can say both him and me.  I learned over 25 years ago that my wife could care less about cars and I certainly care nothing about her pocketbooks and shoes.  I just leave mine at home and never tell her whats going on with my cars.   

gasman826

Whenever guy stuff is for sale, if the buyer says 'I'll talk to the wife'...I'm done.  The deal is dead.  I have never had a followup from a buyer that uses the wife statement.  It has become a household joke.

JPotter57

I usually tell my wife about a cqr purchase when it is sitting on a trailer in the driveway....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

Some guy's wives are actually into this stuff......I haven't met any, but I heard they're out there. LOL

Ford Blue blood

Oh, I do discuss nearly every purchase with my wife, keeps the "suprise" factor in check.  She only comments on how "ugly or junkie" it is.  The "talk to my wife" thing has been long gone, I have my "car" account.  All hobby related sales, purchases and transactions are through that account.  No money is ever taken from the house or savings accounts and they never inter-mingle!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Now that my car is actually starting to look pretty, Connie is anxious for me to get it done. When I tell her I was able to get a particular part bought or ordered, she always has a positive response...she even kicks in a little (sometimes a lot) when she can. She was feeling guilty buying a new car for herself (at my insistence) earlier this year..but that was ok cause she bought my RF wiring harness to ease her guilt a little. She got a new car...I got a wiring harness. Made me happy on both.

Lou

My wife as found three cars I've owned, including my 56 Ford Crown Vic glasstop she gave me for a birthday present. She has also lent me money to buy cars. He only rule is "no green cars, no matter how nice"

Re$urrected57

Dang, all of these positive stories of wives being so supportive.  Where did you all find those jewels and by any chance that they may have sisters not married?

RICH MUISE

Lou...she sounds like a keeper...'56 CV...now that was a hell of a gift.

Jerrys Kars

My wife is usually responsible for all the cars I have bought. I always involve her in the decision whether it's an old or new car or truck. When we got married she was teaching school making more money in 10 mo. than I was in 2 yrs. She quit in 1970 and has not had a job outside the house since. What was hers was mine and what was mine was mine!! She wants to buy everything we look at, but the money isn't there and she doesn't want to sell anything. What I'm trying to say is that she is a bigger car nut than I am. This weekend we are delivering a 66 T-Bird that she talked me into buying. I might add at a profit. I don't think I'll ever trade her for a newer model.

57 Ford Kustom

Jerry,
   The grass is always greener on the other side, because it's over a septic tank! LOL :001:
She's a keeper!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.