News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

New forum upgrades...

Started by JPotter57, 2012-12-23 23:57

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Most of you probably won't notice much difference, but I have upgraded from 1.1.16 to the newest, most state of the art 2.0.3 version of the SMF forum software.  The theme is as similar as I could get to the old one, so that it doesn't look too different.  The cool thing is that this one is more secure, more stable, and has a few more administrative features for my benefit.  One of the new things I have added is the facebook "Like" button, so you can like posts or topics, and it will display on your wall.  This in turn, will show on your friends walls, who may decide to give us a look.  More traffic, is cool here.  We are using a fraction of our potential here, and personally, I'd like to see an increase.  Still free, as long as you guys use it...Enjoy!
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57AGIN

James:

Does the "like" feature automatically go to FACEBOOK?  I do get onto facebook, but infrequently as I find it a pain to navigate around in.  Still love the site, but need more info.

Bob
57 AGIN

JPotter57

The like feature I haven't been able to observe it going to facebook, but the share button does work.. If you share, it will go to your wall or timeline....
Hey Bob, do you have any full size versions of your avatar?  That looks killer...

Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

OK...sorry guys, I forgot to take the forum out of maintenance mode....my bad...
Old, loud, and fast.

RICH MUISE

LOL...I was going into withdrawal syptoms.
Thanks again James..your the man!
And.... any pictures of those 10 stockings hanging on your mantle? You could print it out in wide angle format!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57AGIN

James:

Yes, I have a full size version of my avatar.  It actually was done by the guy who did my display board.  Since it will be some time berfore we get a quarter mile drag strip back in So Cal, I had him PhotoShop my 57 with its new paint job into a shot of my car taken back in 2006 at the California Speedway in Fontana, CA.  Copy attached.  If you need a full size version, I can send it via regular email. Just let me know.

Speaking of the California Speedway, my wife got together with my daughter and my son-in-law and I are going to do 20 hot laps on the NASCAR track at the Irwindale Speedway.  With all the stuff she has to put up with on both the 57 and my Shelby, she still knows the way to really surprise me.  A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS indeed.

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

That's really cool Bob...enjoy!
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

Old, loud, and fast.

gasman826

I did a ride along at Michigan Internation Speedway a couple of years ago (birthday present).  Super cool!!!!!!  I was too excited to be scared.  My only concern was not embarrassing myself by not being able to fold my body enough to get in.  Actually, it is a lot easier than I thought.  Once inside, it is pretty tight.  Giggled like a little girl and wanted to go faster.  Ribs hurt a little the next day from the Gs.  Going back to drive a few laps.

Frankenstein57

My wife got me a qualifying session at the Milwaukee mile for Christmas, Rusty Wallace race school, driving ex cup cars. Cool :003: