News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Out for a ride today

Started by 6cyl57, 2013-01-19 14:55

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

6cyl57:

Really great series of photos and Route 66.  Those photos could be swapped for some of those taken "back in the day" and no one would know the difference.  Very nice Cruise. 

Got my 57 out of the garage today and drove it down to the beach in the afternoon.  It was 70 degrees outside and unlike most days here in Southern Calif you could see forever, Catalina and lots of cargo vessels looking to the South, the San Gabriel Mountains some of them snow capped to the North, the Saddleback Mountains looking beautifull in the East.  Not to be forgotten, a few of the "beach bums & bunnies" giving me in my 57 a thumbs up when cruising past them.  Life is good!!!

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

No black and white pics of the beach bunnies???
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57AGIN

Rich:

Sorry, but no.  All I had with me was my cell phone and I don't know how to download the darn thing.  lol

Bob
57 AGIN

JimNolan

Quote from: 57AGIN on 2013-01-20 22:57
6cyl57:

Got my 57 out of the garage today and drove it down to the beach in the afternoon.  It was 70 degrees outside and unlike most days here in Southern Calif you could see forever, Catalina and lots of cargo vessels looking to the South, the San Gabriel Mountains some of them snow capped to the North, the Saddleback Mountains looking beautifull in the East.  Not to be forgotten, a few of the "beach bums & bunnies" giving me in my 57 a thumbs up when cruising past them.  Life is good!!!

Bob
57 AGIN
Bob,
  I went for a drive today in my 57. I'm putting a new engine in my 57 so I took it out to the hanger to do the work out there. I didn't pass any beach bums or bunnies on the way. You see Bob, it's 3 degrees out side with a wind chill of -14. What we call a performance car in Northern Indiana is a car that the fuel don't freeze up driving down the road. The steam coming out the exhaust pipes on our cars would make them look like jetliners passing by at 45,000 feet to you guys in California. Just playing with you. I wish now I'd saved enough to have a winter home in Florida. Oh well, I'm thankful for what I've got but still jealous of guys like you that get to see beach bums and bunnies year round. LOL  Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

hiball3985

It was 80 degrees here in LA yesterday and my garage was a little warmer, made it a little uncomfortable working on the front suspension in shorts  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57 Ford Kustom

Guys,
   Here in Vermont with the wind chill we are going to be -35 to -40 tomorrow morning! Won't be above zero until next week. Thanks for the info Hiball (jerk)  :003: Just kidding, LOL!
Thanks
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

hiball3985

Quote from: 57 Ford Kustom on 2013-01-22 16:12
Guys,
   Here in Vermont with the wind chill we are going to be -35 to -40 tomorrow morning! Won't be above zero until next week. Thanks for the info Hiball (jerk)  :003: Just kidding, LOL!
Thanks
Hey Tim, I feel bad for you easterners, I know what its like I'm from NY originally. But this jerk had enough sense to move  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57 Ford Kustom

Hiball,
   I have no rebuttal! :003:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

mtwilsonboy

Nice pictures. It takes me back in time.

Tom S

Quote from: 57 Ford Kustom on 2013-01-22 16:51
Hiball,   I have no rebuttal!
Oh, that's easy.   I'll help ya out.  :002:

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2013-01-22 16:21... I'm from NY originally. But this jerk had enough sense to move
QUITTER!
;D

hiball3985

Quote from: Tom S on 2013-01-22 23:10
Oh, that's easy.   I'll help ya out.  :002:
QUITTER!
;D
That's ok, I'll laugh all the way to the beach :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Frankenstein57

6cyl57, I've been looking at the iron invasion show in Woodstock, do you attend? Maybe some of the upper midwest guys could do this as an event. See if Tom wildhog would be interested, There is a guy down the road from me with a fine 57 amblewagon, he hasn't posted in awhile, maybe he would go.Even though its been below zero this week, summer isn't far away.   Mark :laughing7: :laughing7:

6cyl57

Frankenstein57, sounds good to me. I have heard of that event. I would like to go to the Hunnert Car Heads Up
at Great Lakes Dragway. And Torque Fest also. I wont race it at the drags but maybe a lap at the Torque Fest.

wildhog

Mark, We make it to Woodstock a couple of times in the summer, we could meet over there. 6cyl. open house at hoppsterers in Belvedere sat. a lot of the meltdown guys should be there. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)