1957 ford with 4.6 DOHC in Mustangs and Fords Magazine back in 2009

Started by Thor, 2013-01-28 19:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Thor

I thought I would share a couple of links (Article and Photos) from the Mustangs and Fords website on a Beautiful black and red 1957 ford Fairlane that has a 4.6 DOHC cobra motor in it. I felt it was relevant with all the recent conversation on the form about installing these  DOHC's in our cars. I found it interesting that the owner used a efi fuel tank out of a 91-96 Impala. It is a rear fill tank like those found in the 1957-58 fords and was said to fit in the frame rails of this 57. I don't know if this has been posted before but I happened across it just the other day.

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featuredvehicles/fairlane/mufp_0909_1957_ford_fairlane_hardtop/

http://www.mustangandfords.com/featuredvehicles/fairlane/mufp_0909_1957_ford_fairlane_hardtop/photo_01.html

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Thanks for posting. Nice build.
Hmmmm...4 months of evenings and weekends for a wiring guru to wire the engine management system. ssshhhheeeeettttt!!! It's gonna take me 3 years! Oh well, don't know what I'll do with myself when I finish it anyways.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

did you guys notice the ac vents, contacted billet specialties for dimensions will post when I have an answer.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Let us know Zap. Thanks..I didn't notice the vents, I'll go back and look.
Are any of you guys like me...I have a lot less interest in that vehicle simply because other than opening his wallet, the owner just didn't have a whole lot to do with the build.
Reminds me for some reason of something that happened here a year or more ago that really offended me. These people had bought a really nice '57 wagon and joined the forumn, although I don't think they ever actually posted anything until they decided to sell it.The posting read something like...we're retiring and have to thin our collection down, so we decided to keep the (whatevers) that Chip made for us and sell the wagon.
well LA-DI-DA! :bootyshake:
I feel better now.

gasman826

The center vents are not a problem but outer vent space is a premium.  I just never found a vent that fit the contours.  It appears that they did either.  The round ones just don't match the center ones.

Since I am scraping the dash in the picture, the two center Vintage Air vents are available.

RICH MUISE

check out the dash panel that was added to the blue wagon in the pics Rob posted of the gnrs.

sprink88

That is one nice ride. Those tires in the back look to big though.
~Chris

Frankenstein57

I still admire the build even if he had it done, he could have chosen a tri-5 chevy. But opted for a bad ass fairlane with a dohc

Zapato

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-01-29 09:16
check out the dash panel that was added to the blue wagon in the pics Rob posted of the gnrs.

Where are those pictures, haven't found them yet.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

4thgen57

Front end sits too low. No Y motor. Looks like a Foose thing. I'll stick with a 60's gasser project. JMHO!

RICH MUISE

Zap....I think he posted it in the events section
Rich