News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

I'm back, gentlemen. . . .

Started by JPotter57, 2007-10-28 12:28

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

The prodigal son has returned. . .
I just now bought another `57 Custom.  I hope to go get it in a couple weeks.  Supposedly, the car is 99% rust free, we will see I guess.  It is missing all the glass, but I still have that from my last parts car.  I cant tell you how good it is to be back.  I love the `57 Ford better than any other car I have ever owned, and cant wait to get this baby home.  It will be under wraps for a little while, as I will be helping my son build a small block for the `70 Maverick.  I had bought it to build for me, but it just wasnt the same.  Of course, the Fairlane turned out to be rustier than I thought, so I parted it out, and actually made money over what I had in it.  I just recently sold my 428 CJ, so I will be in the marketr later for another engine.  Right now, I have a toploader 4 speed, but will likely trade yup to another Tremec TKO. 
Man, I am so excited about this, I cant wait to get it home.  I will tell you guys more about it when I get it here and check it over, inventory parts, etc.  It is definitely good to be back in the best group of guys in the world.
Oh yeah, trust me, this one will not get away.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JimNolan

James,
   Good for you. If it's the one I saw on ebay the other day it sounded like it would be a nice one to start with. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

JPotter57

Yeah it's the one from ebay.  I talked with them and they sent me some more pictures of it.  That car is in pretty good shape.  Good rockers, quarters, floors, trunk, rear pan.  There is a little bit under the gas pedal in the floor, at the bottom rear of the driver front fender, and a little on the front of the passenger rear quarter.  Not bad at all.  I have all of the glass for it at my place in Tennessee.  All of the trim is there except the front bumper.  I should find one of those easy enough.  I plan to go get it in a couple weeks.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

smurfee

Welcome back, I to have a special love for the CUSTOMS - SMURFEE :icon_bigsmurf:
NEVER LOOK BACK