News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

dash color question

Started by hiball3985, 2013-02-08 12:08

Previous topic - Next topic

57 Ford Kustom

Hiball,
   That is exactly what I did. I purchased my Dad's 57' from Mom to pay the funeral bill. I couldn't see His pride & joy going down the road with some stranger. Besides way to many memories of Dad in that car to say goodbye to. But, I must say some of the things that he had done were so confusing,(electrical)that I just ripped it out and started over! Lol
Thanks,
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

hiball3985

That's so cool that you were able to keep the 57. My son said he is keeping all of mine and already has my 66 F250. I know he will keep the panel truck and the 57 for sure, the Mustang I don't care about.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

57 Ford Kustom

Hiball,
   My Boys are already bickering over who gets it next, I have to remind them that I'm still here :003:! I told them whoever puts the most time into it, with me, has first right of refusal. I figured by the time they figured that out I'll be dead!Lol

hiball3985

I know what thats like. My oldest son always helped and enjoyed working on the cars, the younger one was more interested in partying so it was settled a long time ago who would get the cars LOL.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

gasman826

The car is mentioned in my living trust.  Discussing estate planning much less, the final arrangements sends my son running.  He just will not discuss it.  As far as the car, my son and grandson have little interest.  But there is light!  I have a granddaughter that is very interested.

hiball3985

When you get to this point in your life some of these things are hard to deal with for some people. I have no problem discussing my own but I still run when my parents bring it up  :005:, they are 91.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

gasman826

I'm successor trustee to my parents living trust.  My dad toys with the idea of having an auction, sell everything, and down size or maybe assisted living.  I have my fingers crossed.  My parents have been in the antique/flea market thing for 30 years.  Dad has three pole buildings full on furnature and other collectables not to mention the woodworking shop where he repaired and refinished furnature.  The basement is full of collectables, glass, and lamps.

Then, I look at what my son has to look forward to!

hiball3985

You are keeping your fingers crossed that he gets rid of the stuff or that you get it? I've been cleaning out stuff since last June so no one else has too. And stupid me threw away two 57 antennas that had been hanging on the garage wall for 35 years and then I buy the Ranchero that need an antenna  :005:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Frankenstein57

I have an 87 t-bird that I don't drive in the winter, its been repainted bright red, nicest one around here, so when my daughter was about 11 she says "Dad, when you die can I have your t-bird?"  I was hoping to out live it :005:

Ford Blue blood

All three of my girls have staked claims for my stuff...... :003:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57 Ford Kustom

In Vermont a untitled car, meaning any car older than fifteen years. Automatically defaults to the Spouse, unless other wise stated in a will. Maybe I will just leave the decision of where it goes to her, She hates it when I make her make a decision :003:! Lol

RICH MUISE

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2013-02-10 14:06
All three of my girls have staked claims for my stuff...... :003:
Bill...speaking of your stuff...what year is your t-bird? Do you have 2? On the Ford barn site, your list of vehicles shows a 65 T-bird??
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Yes, two of them.  The 1965 is an Emberglow Special Landau, it is the wife's "old car".  She really loves the wrap around back seat, not sure how she is going to sit there and drive at the same time..... :002:....her dailey driver is an 05 50th Anniversary Edition Cashmere Retro Bird.

I have all the body work finished, two blockings done, just waiting on the warmer weather to finish the painting, then final assembly.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Ok..now I'm confussed. Did I not see a 63ish Bird on an avatar?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Frankenstein57

Quote from: 57 Ford Kustom on 2013-02-10 14:21
In Vermont a untitled car, meaning any car older than fifteen years. Automatically defaults to the Spouse, unless other wise stated in a will. Maybe I will just leave the decision of where it goes to her, She hates it when I make her make a decision :003:! Lol
Tim :unitedstates: Tim, she looks pretty good with it, I say Vermont is right