News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1st update, then diff subject

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2007-10-29 20:36

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

took off rad shroud,   car runs fine, can still take rad cap off after a run,  still get a puff but thats ok,  now for the 2nd question,     would like to use the orig radio and have a up to date radio in the car at the same time,   is there a adaptor out there that i can use the same antenna for both radios?,   or is there another way to do it?,   thanks for anything us have.     Jerry

FORDNUT

If you are not going to use the original radio, you do not need to leave it plugged to the antenna. Just hook it to the add on radio. There are outfits that sell units to go in the dash and do not require cutting or yours can be modified to receive FM also.
At my age I am not required to act mature.

smurfee

I tried a duel adapter & the old am radio so over powered the new fm it would not work so I hooked the new fm I had under the dash to a flexable antenna under the dash, I was going to have my old radio converted but it was going to cost $900.00 & I decided no thanks - SMURFEE :icon_bigsmurf:
NEVER LOOK BACK

geraldchainsaw

ok,  what i tried was to make up a gadget like i usually do, and it didn't work,   but by accident this is what happened,  i stuck a antenna end into the radio , this is goin to b hard to explain,   i made a double end  insert for the radio about 6 inches long, 1 end into the radio the other end going no where,  and the modern radio worked (no antenna),   so now all i have to do is hook up the old radio like it should b & i think efverything is going to work, at least it looks that way, but i won't know until i get the radio out of washington state, i bought  on ebay. i will let u all know how i make out,    jerry

JimNolan

Jerry,
   FYI, I had my Town and Country Radio converted to AM/FM by Vintage Auto Radio in Waterford, WI  888-514-3811. The cost on a non-signal seek radio is $395.00, if its a signal seek radio add $125.00.
   Mine was done a couple years ago and I couldn't be more pleased. It's not very offten that I do something right the first time and this is one of those times. He made the radio look new and it funtions just like the old Town and Country but has built in balance and tone controls. By the time you find a decent radio, extra hook ups and brackets you'll have 395 dollars in it anyway. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.