News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

time for a picnic??

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-02-25 12:58

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

For all you guys envious of us in the southern states:
http://screen.yahoo.com/attack-tumbleweeds-163500029.html
LOL...I'm resting up fro 3 hours of shoveling snow..mostly off my garage roof. Can't even see where I shoveled on the ground. 12" so far..but 35-50 mile an hour winds. Gusts this morning at the closed airport @75mph.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Mark

Rich it's 41 out side at my house ( Wi. Il. stateline) right now, ...... but they are calling for snow on Tuesday.

Ecode70D

Rich
     I know how important it is to get the snow off of your roof, but don't exert yourself.  Stop and rest and try to keep warm.
     I hope that you don't lose your power.
     Let us know how things are going.
Jay

Tom S

Neighbor behind me had a picnic a while ago.

Screw shovelin' snow! 
Last year we had a record snowfall.  I hired a couple young guys to shovel part of my roof.

I plow the rest with this.

57 Ford Kustom

Rich, just as important stay hydrated! A lot of people don't think of drinking water when your out in the cold, but it is just as important as in the summer!

Tom, I love the Bronco! I had one in High School, it was a 71'. I really had my eye on a Thunder chicken. It was white with a orange bird on the hood, but Tom (Dad) thought it best that I bought the Bronco instead! Now I know why, but it didn't stop me from raising He!! Besides My Dad had a 55' Crown Vic with a 3-2 set up on it that he let me use when ever I wanted, that quenched my need for speed at the time!
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Ford Blue blood

What the hey is all that white stuff?  :005:  :005:  :005:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57redwhitered

Ahh the tumbling tumbleweeds.  I have seen people from out of state stop and carefully put the things in their car as a souvenier.  One enterprising lady was selling them on line and was shipping them worldwide..  Am grateful that you all in Texas blocked that snow for us up herein western Kansas.
1957 Skyliner

wildhog

Ford blue blood, Come back to Wis. we are saving some for you.
Next time you come up stop and see all my Junk. I'm at the Ill>Wis. border on I90   Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Ford Blue blood

Tom I get my fill of that stuff every year at Christmas!  We left a day early last year to avoid that huge dump that came through.  Still got plenty during the two weeks we were there.  My red truck was two tone (red & white) by the time we got back down here! 

Tom we will be heading up late June/July for a wedding, might just do that.  39 to 90 is the route we take.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Well, we ended up with a record 19" snowfall....alot for Texas. I40 is closed across the panhandle and all the way to Alburquerque. I27 is closed from up north all the way south to Lubbock.
I know 19" isn't alot for you guys up north..it's alot here, but couple it with 50 mile an hour winds and you end up with some strange looking landscape. Almost none of the houses had any snow on the roofs..it all blew off. Not sure why my garage(temp structure not meant to carry a heavy load)built up..probably because of the washboard type sheeting I used on the roof..but it had about 2 feet of heavy wet snow..had to get it off so it wouldn't collapse on my '57.
LOL..we got another storm heading this way in a few days. We're planning on leaving for Phoenix Thursday evening...hope we don't get snowed in. We may end up heading to southern Texas before heading west just to make sure we don't get stranded somewhere. I may get real close to the round up
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

I feel bad for you guys that are getting blasted, be safe. Only problem I had was finding my shorts this morning  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

wildhog

Blue blood 39 to 90 Last toll booth before wis freeway Rockton rd. I am about 3 miles off 90 on Rockton Rd.
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

lowrider

Quote from: 57redwhitered on 2013-02-25 17:27
Ahh the tumbling tumbleweeds.  I have seen people from out of state stop and carefully put the things in their car as a souvenier.  One enterprising lady was selling them on line and was shipping them worldwide..  Am grateful that you all in Texas blocked that snow for us up herein western Kansas.

Wind was blowing like hell here in Az. yesterday. I was headed home down the main road here in Kingman and I could see something coming towards me in the oncoming 2 lanes. When it got close I could see it was a bunch of tumbleweeds gleefully bouncing & rolling (in line I might add) down the road blocking both lanes.

When it does snow here if you sleep too late you'll miss it. Main reason I moved here from Mi. last spring.

57AGIN

hiball3985:

Could you please email me at robertlee1143@aol.com.  I'd like to get in touch with some other active club members located in the Southern California area.

Thanks,

Bob
57 AGIN

hiball3985

Quote from: 57AGIN on 2013-02-26 00:23
hiball3985:

Could you please email me at robertlee1143@aol.com.  I'd like to get in touch with some other active club members located in the Southern California area.

Thanks,

Bob
57 AGIN
I'll do that today
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang