News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

we lost another good member

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-03-04 20:47

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Guys, if this has been posted, and I missed it, my apologies.
I just got thru reading a post by the daughter of Ron Woodside (AKA shopratwoody) informing the HAMB members that Ron passed away 2/28/13. Apparently Shoprat was in poor health for some time.
The post his daughter did is in the "introduce yourself" section...so is likely to get missed by most folks. I hope that someone who knew him well does a post in the main Forumn so all his friends will be aware.
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=782284
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

jarhead1986

So sad to here this. I never met him but talked with him several times on here about my 58. He was very helpful
and friendly. Man I really hate this news.

JPotter57

Wow.  Man, I hate to hear about that.  I wondered why he hadn't been on in a while.   I'm gonna miss him for sure.  Rest in peace, my friend...
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JimNolan

I enjoyed conversing with Ron. Rest in Peace Ron
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

wv 57s forever

R.I.P.

sorry to hear .

Ford Blue blood

Enjoyed many exchanges with him.  Hard to get your arms around life sometimes.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Zapato

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

wildhog

I knew Ron was in bad health,and I had sent him a few parts for his Ranchero. He will be missed.
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

bossguy

Sad news indeed, I've chatted with him on here a couple of times, he did come across as a great guy. A childhood friend of mine has a body shop in Newport Beach, Ca and also has a 57 Ranchero. I'll have to ask if he knew him.

57AGIN

I only knew Ron from meeting with him at some of the major car shows he and I attended here in Southern California: Grand National Roadseter Show, Cruise for a Cure, the Labor Day Cruise and the John Force Holiday Car Show.  Ron nearly always attended these shows with his family and was always friendly, easy to talk to and a wealth of information.  Last years reconstruction of his beloved Ranchero resulted in a real master piece.  I was hoping to see him this year at the Knott's show and will miss him.  I'm sure he's up in Heaven and turning 11.60 on the motor again.  RIP

Bob
57 AGIN

I'm not a HAMB memberso I couldn't post a reply to Rhonda, but here is what his Daughterhad to say on HAMB:

Hello I am Rhonda Woodside/Fairchild, Ron's daughter he owns the 1957 Black Ranchero. I am sorry to tell you that my Dad passed away 2-28-13. He had several friends on this forum and enjoyed having discussions with you. He had be having some health issues over the last few years and made it harder and harder for him to get out and go to car events and socialize. But he had his computer and that helped keep him in the loop of things. He has not been feeling very well lately and has not even been on the computer so sorry if you have tried to contact him. He enjoyed cars his whole life I think we had more cars then any other person I know he bought, traded, fixed up, rebuild, painted and sold more than I can even count. I asked him once how many we had he said he lost count. But one thing was he loved that 1957 Ranchero it was my Great Grandmas car then was passed through the family my Uncle Bill had it for awhile then after my dad had is bad wreck in the road runner my Uncle gave the car to him, I think that how it goes but anyway we raced it for years. Then he decided to make it a street car again and owe how beautiful she is, shes had a hard life herself two bad wrecks but dad he just fixed her back up. He was a very strong and loving father I could not have asked for any better. I do not know who you are that know my dad I did meet a few of you at the Grand Nationals one year and also Ed and Jay came to the Outriders picnic with us its been great for my dad having you all to talk to I want to thank you for your friendship. God Bless you and happy memories.

57 Ford Kustom

My heart greives for Rons family and our society as a whole. Another hot rodder has left us. Most of you guys on this site are from a great generation! A generation that started the Hot rod movement. A hard working generation, with a Love for God, Country and Family.My generation has miss fired along the way, I Have tried to stay true to what my Father has instilled in me, but it is a up hill battle. I guess I have always looked up to your generation, I loved hearing the stories, gleening some knowledge, and wisdom from all of you.My prayers go out to you all, take care of yourselves. All of us younger dogs in here need you! My heart greives, May Ron's family feel the hand of God, and recieve His comfort in their great sorrow.
Thanks,
Tim :unitedstates: 
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Frankenstein57

I was thinking recently that Ron has been rather quiet on our forums, hoping he was ok, maybe just busy. That's bad news, when I joined this forum in 06 or so he was always willing to chime in, help out with a problem or question. I felt a personal connection, with the black ranchero and all. I know his daughter is involved with the car, hope she can keep it in the family.I have a picture of Ron's car on my bulletin board, leaving the line at Bakersfield. Drop us a note now and then, Godspeed!!!! :sad10: :sad10: :sad10:  Mark

F570RD

We had PM'ed a bit with having raced our cars and returning them to the street.Fun words were exchanged and now saddness as we've had another pass on.

robhaerr

Pausing for thoughts to the family.

The circle of life is not an easy one.

Rob

alvin stadel

I'm a little late with this, but if you go to page 2 in members gallery you will find a red and white 57 2dht that Shoprats parents bought in 1959, he said it was a magazine car. I talked with him about it as I found it very interesting, he said it was a fun ride,