News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Spring starts tomorrow

Started by Ecode70D, 2013-03-19 19:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecode70D

So this is the last day of winter.  I went out to one of the storage boxes to inspect one of the cars and the overhead door would only go up about 12 inches.  I realised that it was jammed against the roof  of the box.  After squeezing my way in, I propped the roof up with a 7 foot 2X4 and stuck a scissors jack under it.  This will have to do for now.   More snow is coming.  I'll try to post a picture of my temporary jury rig.  I'm thankfull that it was not my house.  Others were not so lucky.             

alvin stadel

I know you are very tired of winter and the snow, but I wish we could about 5ft of the white stuff on the level. We have had no  winter for the last 2 years, and are already worryed about fires. In fact there have been 2 already. This bunch of pine trees around us are beautiful but they are also a powder keg when its this dry, is also affecting some of the wells in the area. Snow makes water and we are about out.

57 Ford Kustom

ecode,
   I know what you are saying, We just received another 12" of new snow for spring! I think I'm going woodchuck hunting in Pennsylvania! Lol
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Ecode70D

[quote author=alvin stadel
I know you are very tired of winter and the snow, but I wish we could about 5ft of the white stuff on the level. We have had no  winter for the last 2 years, and are already worryed about fires. In fact there have been 2 already. This bunch of pine trees around us are beautiful but they are also a powder keg when its this dry, is also affecting some of the wells in the area. Snow makes water and we are about out.[/quote]

Alvin I know what  you are talking about .  I've seen some of those fires  that burn for days on end on the news.  Those poor people whose houses burned down couldn't do anything about it.   That's why I thank God every day because there is always someone who is worse off than me.

rmk57

We're in Borrego springs for a couple days on spring break. Today is 90 degrees, tomorrow is supposed to cool down to around 80. Then off to Pomona for the Hot rod mag 65th car show. I gotta get some sun screen.

Randy
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

sprink88

Yeah, I am done with winter too. BUT could always use snow. Our lakes here are really low
~Chris

ragtop

we can move from winter and snow to warmer and rain I don't have to shovel it and don't salt it

Frankenstein57

I usually enjoy winter, but I'm ready to be done with it. Highs in the 20's the last two days, with high winds also.I haven't been in the shop since Sunday

Ecode70D

Quote from: Frankenstein57 I usually enjoy winter, but I'm ready to be done with it. Highs in the 20's the last two days, with high winds also.I haven't been in the shop since Sunday/quote]

Hi Mark   I know what you mean about not going out to the shop.  Since I'm kinda housebound, I decided to restore the custom steering wheel in the basement.  It's nice and warm there and a good place to do small winter projects. Jay

4thgen57

Well I guess I will quit complaining about our 30s and sunny weather here!

lowrider

Winter that started in Nov. & seemed to drag on until early May is why I moved here to Az. from Mi. Here, if it snows overnight & you sleep too late you'll miss it.

hiball3985

All winter brought me was lots of weeds which I spent most of the week working on. Sometimes I wish I had a smaller lot, but bought this place back when I had 13 cars so now every spring I pay the price. Did some cruising in the Ranchero this week also. Looks like mid 70's this weekend so I'll enjoy the race at Autoclub speedway with my two sons and a few friends.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Zapato

yesterday was a typical early spring day around here rain wind sunshine in any order or combination you can wish for, at one point it was pouring in the front yard and clear sunshine in the backyard. shouldn't complain dealing with a south dakota friend and is been low teens with 20-30 mph winds and snow on the ground and more on the way.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ford Blue blood

Yup...first day of spring was really a good one here!  High of 42, sleet and snow flakes with a possible dusting on grassy areas tonight into the early AM....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Harry

Tom Drummond thinks it is spring, here with his convertible out for a test drive.20 degrees outside.