News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 seat belt brackets ?

Started by Ecode70D, 2013-05-25 16:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2013-05-28 08:27
Dang..... I remember sleeping on Package trays as a kid with my folks!........ ha ha ha

With my folks driving!....is what i meant to say!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

Quote Jim Nolan.....
"PS. After making the above statement, let me assure you I have not built my car using my words of wisdom. I have enjoyed every dime I've thrown at that car and continue to do so. After lying in the emergency room with a heart attack a few weeks ago, I can assure you the cost of building that 57 didn't enter my mind. I enjoy my 57 to the fullest. It now can break a 14sec quarter mile and still do good at car shows and travel with a reasonable expense for gas. It's all about what can make you and your family happy, not saving money. (no lol at the end of this statement )"

? Last Edit: Today at 06:01:49 AM by JimNolan ?

Jim...almost missed that one little sentence about the heart attack!!! Hey dude...glad your allright..at least apparently allright enough to be at your computer.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JimNolan

Thanks Rich,
    They put a couple of stents in me, said there wasn't any damage to the heart muscle, told me to quit smoking and eating and sent me home. I was pounding gears the next day. I quit smoking cigarettes, been loosing weight and I feel pretty good. I can now walk 20 ft. without being out of breath. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

RICH MUISE

good to hear Jim. I understand the breathing completly. I'm not overweight more than 10 lbs. or so, but the last year or so has been a big problem with the breathing. Smoking for 53 years now..never bothered me before. I am on day two of trying to quit..now if I can get by a few weeks without my wife throwing me out, killing the next door neighbor's dog, having the irs or a telemarketer call the fbi on me, or getting thrown off here or the hamb..I may be able to do this. The electronic cigs are helping the quitting, btw. I've been using them on car trips with my wife so I didn't have to stop every half hour for a cigarette.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

cigarettes, funny hard to start and even harder to quit. been told nicotine is the single most addictive drug known to man. good luck quitting. did it myself in boot camp two smoke breaks a day if we were lucky led me to quit. wife quit when our daughter [around 6 years old at the time] said she'd probably smoke just like mom when she was older. smokes went in the trash and she never looked back.

now back on topic, my local 57 ford parts source tells me he's never run into a pair of seat belt brackets in any of the cars he's parted out. and its been quite a few. will be checking every 57 for them from now on.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57AGIN

Jim:

Congrats on getting the stents and no heart muscle damage.  I wound up putting seat belts in my original 57 (about 1962), mostly because it "looked cool." lol  That car really wasn't too dangerous, as the hi 17 second time slips proved.  But, I've always felt safer being belted in and will always do so.  If I could find some good Simpson 5-point seat belts that don't require a roll bar, I would install them in both my Shelby and 57.

Bob
57 AGIN

Jeff Norwell

Glad your all good Jim..... Trying to kick the butt habit myself......
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

hiball3985

I'm in this crowd too, diagnosis with COPD. Smoked for 50 years. I've been doing the electronic cigs but I have a custom made one. The original ones I tried were a pain with always charging the battery. Needless to say, I'm always short on air..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

JimNolan

Guys,
   I hate to add any more about smoking just because the topic is Seat Belt Brackets but, since I quit cigarettes I don't wheez myself to sleep each night, haven't used the breathing treatment machine and haven't coughed up junk. Now, what I did do was start smoking a pipe. You can't get anything into you're lungs after about a minute once you light it because the smoke is too strong. But, the nicotine you get through the membranes of the mouth more than make up for the reason you were up to two packs a day. Cigarettes won't give you enough nicotine after so long. That's why we kept smoking more of them. Pipes have all the nicotine you can ever use and you don't have smoke in your lungs. I've gotten used to it now and it even tastes good. It's a bitch to drink carbonated beverages though.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Ecode70D

Jim
    I happy to hear that you are doing better since you got the stents.   Do whatever the doctor tells you to do and keep trying to get off the tobacco.  Hearing all of this stuff about smoking makes me thankful  that I never started.   Jay

Ford Blue blood

I'll jump in here too with the smoking thing.  Smoked on and off for most of the nearly 30 years in the Navy.  Smoked on and off in the 20 years since I retired.  Haven't had one in four years now.  Do I miss it, heck yes, do I miss the morning hack, heck NO.  Went cold turkey every time I quit.  The nicotine is completely out of your system in 48 - 60 hours, all the "I'm going to kill some one" is a head game your mind is playing because it wants the rush the nicotine gives.  Have not had any known problems from the smoking (a pack a day habit) to this point and have made it through the "prime heart attack" years so I'm feeling pretty good about things right now.

For you guys trying to quit....keep your head in the game, develope a plan of action for when the suprise urges hit you and they will, hard and heavy and at really wierd times with so many different triggers there is no way to predict when and where.  But most of all don't ever plunk down the cash for a pack and don't fool yourself into believing "one won't hurt anything" because it will all start over again.  Good luck guys and keep the faith.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57 Ford Kustom

My Dad quit after 50+ years of smoking, but five years later they found a spot on his lungs. Nine months later he was gone. I always think, what if he had just quit sooner. Good luck to all of you trying to quit, your family will thank you for it! Tim
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Frankenstein57

I recently bought a house as an investment, (why I haven't worked on the 57), it belonged to a high school buddies folks. They chain smoked for 50 years, Cleaning this house is one of the nastiest things I can recall. Tore the ductwork completely out, anyone that can quit that habit I give two thumbs up!,  Mark :laughing4: :laughing4:   P.s  Jim, glad your ok