News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Happy 150th Birthday Henry Ford !

Started by Zapato, 2013-07-24 20:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

Henry turns 150 this Saturday, i shudder to think what we'd be driving if it wasn't for his drive and vision.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57 Ford Kustom

aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Ecode70D

He was smart but a tough guy to work for....
    I read somewhere that if he found out that one of his workers was a drinker, that he would send the pay home to the guy's wife.

rmk57

Quote from: Zapato on 2013-07-24 20:15
Henry turns 150 this Saturday, i shudder to think what we'd be driving if it wasn't for his drive and vision.

If it were up to Henry we'd still be driving model T's. I think it was Edsel that pushed for a bit of a change.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Zapato

Quote from: rmk57 on 2013-07-24 21:46
If it were up to Henry we'd still be driving model T's. I think it was Edsel that pushed for a bit of a change.

Some truth to that but he wasn't stupid and knew he had to agree to changes as the rest of the market was leaving him behind.

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Ford Blue blood

His brilliance was the assembly line.  Developing that reduced the cost of the "T", made it "every man's" car.  He also "invented" the weekend as we know it, he wanted his workers to go to church on Sundays so he shut down so they could do so.  His weak point was moving forward to new products and just being plain ol mean.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

rmk57

Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429