News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

first semi long distance ride

Started by hiball3985, 2013-08-02 18:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-08-06 17:55
One year a deer gave birth in our back yard and kept the fawn there. Three times a day, she'd come get the fawn out from under our shed (back of it raised up on posts), nurse it, walk it around the yard, and then coax it back under the shed.
Didn't know they would do that.  The cow moose & calves always stay right together.  Moose don't herd up either.
Every spring some cows & brand new calves show up here & graze/rest/ camp out in the back yard for a while.  Fine with me & I leave them alone. Lots of pix.
It's funny to see those little calves all flaked out like a dog.  There were two or three different cows that seemed to show up every year.  I could tell them apart by some big scars they had like the one in the pic above.  I am guessing that a bear almost got them when they were pretty young.
Thankfully no mountain lions around here.
Pretty exciting when a bull shows up chasing a cow around during rutting season.

RICH MUISE

State (federal?) laws prohibit people from touching fawns they find alone, because most people assume they are lost, or have been abandoned, and that's not the case...mom's just out foraging for herself, or shopping for '57 Ford parts, but will be back(unless she's been hit by someone in a '57 Ford). They have big time fines in Colorado for picking up a fawn.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Frankenstein57

You aren't kidding, there was just a big story on the news around here, some guy was nursing a fawn along, the DNR got wind of it , moved in and wound up putting it down. Seems kind of strange when game farms keep them for canned hunts.  Mark