News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Optional spotlight mirror

Started by junior58, 2013-08-07 00:00

Previous topic - Next topic

junior58

I have the optional drivers side spotlight / rear view mirror on my recently acquired Fairlane but, as I found out on a highway speed run over the last weekend, when the assembly did a big flop off to the side, it's quite loose with very little tension between the inner handle and the head unit. There's not enough tension to prevent the wind affecting it at speed, and the last thing I want is for it to get broken as it flops over.
Does anyone know how to adjust the tension to prevent this from happening? Please.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

RetractBob

Being a new member of this forum, I don't know if you've solved your spotlight problem or not, but I didn't see any replies. Either way, you might have use for the attachment I am including. It is a "generic" instruction sheet that was included with the installation kits (brackets and hardware) for 1957-59 Fords. This was separate and in addition to the actual Ford Installation Instructions.

Hope it helps.

Bob

junior58

That is absolutely fantastic Bob, thanks for that. I'll have a play now that I have printed that off and see how I go.
Once again, thank you.

I googled Unity Manufacturing and see they sre still in business manufacturing spotlights etc, you can still get parts for them (maybe not vintage ones like mine), but still good to be able to follow up.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter