News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Rocker Panel Replacement...And Beyond

Started by petew, 2013-08-07 11:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Norwell

And again.. simply outstanding
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

petew

Thanks Jeff , the interior material came from SMS and is stock cloth for a 59 ford , it looked more space age than the 57 cloth did. The arrangement of the material or pattern  is the same as stock, everything was done by my interior person no kits. I would have bought a kit but none were available for a wagon and I really wanted that 59 material.

lalessi1

I love that fabric! Where did the floor mats come from?
Lynn

petew

Floor mats are 1958 Thunderbird, bought them from Macs and they fit like a glove !

Pete

lalessi1

Thanks, that is something I have been looking for for a long time!
Lynn

Limey57

Agree, the interior is stunning.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

BP57CUSTOM

Petew
I love your wagon , its beautiful. Also liked your comment about growing up with a dirt floor, I am 64 years old and just this year got my garage with a concrete floor. I am really enjoying getting under a car without getting muddy. Keep up the good work.
Barry
1957 Custom 300
1965 Mustang GT
8N ford Tractor

Acrylic man

WOW, Pete   I just finished looking at all the steps you went through on your rebuild!   I'm sure I speak for a lot of guys out here, Thank you for sharing it with us. It's got me all fired up on my build. You do Excellent work!!!
both in the car and the record keeping, pictures. I think there's a How Too Book here you just created. :001:
Larry
1957 Fairlane 500 Club Victoria 2dr HT

petew

Thanks Larry, it was a fun project and it is a great car to drive. I am amazed how well these 57's get down the road. The only modifications I made to the car were gas shocks, sway bars and radial tires. With those changes it handles and drives every bit as well as what you could buy at your local dealership today.

Jeff Norwell

This thread needs to be in the build thread section.

JPotter57

1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Jeff Norwell

Mavaholic

Just sat and read this whole thread. All I can say is WOW!!!. Wished mine look as good as yours.

petew

Thank you, there is still work being done. I can't understand how the bulk of these cars made it down the assembly line fired up and drove thousands of miles with little or no trouble. Yet when you restore one it takes months or years and they require constant tweaking !
So I'm still chasing some rattles , an engine vacuum leak ( that's fixed) and the latest which was the heater valve rupturing at 70 mph on the interstate. It's been to a few shows and everybody loves it but the younger set don't really understand what it is until someone compares it to a Ford Explorer .

jumping jack flash

:icon_bigsmurf:Just read the whole thread. My Mom had 2 cars that I really dug. One was a 57 Ranchwagon, just like yours, except it was an automatic. Same coral and white too.The other was a 59 El Camino. It was setting on the lot right next to a baby blue and white Ranchero. (1957). I wanted my parents to buy the Ranchero but they got the El Camino anyway. Later I got my own 57 Ranchero, and have had one off and on since 1969. I've owned 10 57 Rancheros and just bought a 58 last Saturday.Most have been parts cars and I'm currently building the one of my dreams. All the right stuff, and adding difficult to find parts to it all the time. I too am working from a dirt floored garage that was placed in the wrong place on 6 acres. When we have bad floods , here in Wimberly , a river runs through my garage. With 2500 square ft. of space that gets wet, some day I may build on higher ground. Meanwhile everyday I get older and not any younger. Hope I get this one done before the reaper comes knocking.....Great work on a great car. I'm a bit jealous.