News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

My Mass. visit.

Started by Jeff Norwell, 2013-08-14 11:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Norwell

I was in Mass. for a short time.. doing some business and seeing close friends... had the whole family in tow... but I did manage to visit Ecode and take a look at his 57.
Jay is a super individual with a ton of knowledge..... Wish I had more time to chat with him at his shop.
His Ecode 57 is Killer.
Jay... thanks very much for the invite..... I will be back!
Jay is getting ready to paint the car.
.....some pics.

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Jeff Norwell

Some more pics.....
Thanks again Jay!

hiball3985

Thanks for the pictures Jeff. It's looking good Jay. I want your the steering wheel and horn button SO bad
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

GaryI72

That is so cool.  What a hat!

Ecode70D

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2013-08-14 11:42
I was in Mass. for a short time.. doing some business and seeing close friends... had the whole family in tow... but I did manage to visit Ecode and take a look at his 57.
Jay is a super individual with a ton of knowledge..... Wish I had more time to chat with him at his shop.
His Ecode 57 is Killer.
Jay... thanks very much for the invite..... I will be back!
Jay is getting ready to paint the car.
.....some pics. 

Wow!!!!!
    Jeff  Are you home already?
    I hope that you had a safe trip.  There was a lot of 57 stuff that we did not have time to cover.  Sorry that your visit was so short.  It was a real pleasure to have you here.  You are the first member of the forum that I have met, although I feel that I would have crossed paths with Rich at some of the Mass drive ins that we both frequented in the old days a long time ago.  We will be keeping in touch.

Guys I'm sorry that my 57 was in such deplorable condition when Jeff was here and the the pictures were taken.  The little pieces of blue tape all over the car are little reminders that I have to do that spot over again.  I'm looking to paint it about the last week of August.     Jay   

Ecode70D

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2013-08-14 13:40
Thanks for the pictures Jeff. It's looking good Jay. I want your the steering wheel and horn button SO bad

Jim
    You are welcome to that steering wheel when I take it off after the car is painted.  At the moment I just want to keep my mind in focus on getting it ready for paint.  Seems like little spots that need more block sanding just appear from nowhere.
     That wheel is a pretty nice one but it is not the correct one for my car.  The horn button is correct though. If there are any cracks in it, they will have to be very small.   PM your shipping address to me when you get a chance.
     Enclosed is a picture of the Custom steering wheel that I got from "Frankenstein".   I restored it during the winter.
       Sure am glad that my mechanical work is all done.
      Is there ever an end to block sanding???   I ain't getting any younger!  Jay

hiball3985

Thanks Jay, that one is way better then the one I have, mine has cracks like the Grand Canyon.
I'll gladly reimburse you for the shipping and what ever else you need..

Jim
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Jim
    I received your PM  and that steering wheel has your name on it.  I'm not sure if I have a horn button with the ring around it though.  I'll look through my stuff and see if I have  one and get back to you.
    You probably can't see it in my picture, but the custom wheel does not have the cutout for the horn ring on the spokes.
    Jay

BWhitmore

Jim - I have a real nice horn ring that you are welcome to.  It has an 58 NOS center button but they are easy to change.  Give me a call at 213 7098904 on Aug 23.

hiball3985

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2013-08-14 22:54
Jim
    I received your PM  and that steering wheel has your name on it.  I'm not sure if I have a horn button with the ring around it though.  I'll look through my stuff and see if I have  one and get back to you.
    You probably can't see it in my picture, but the custom wheel does not have the cutout for the horn ring on the spokes.
    Jay
Jay, I have one with the ring, but I want the small center one like yours. I know your whell has the cut out for the ring but it is way better then mine. If I find one without the cutout someday I will pass yours on to someone who needs it.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

Quote from: BWhitmore on 2013-08-14 22:59
Jim - I have a real nice horn ring that you are welcome to.  It has an 58 NOS center button but they are easy to change.  Give me a call at 213 7098904 on Aug 23.
Thank you for the offer Bill, I have a full ring now, that's what I want to change to the small center.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2013-08-15 00:00
Jay, I have one with the ring, but I want the small center one like yours. I know your whell has the cut out for the ring but it is way better then mine. If I find one without the cutout someday I will pass yours on to someone who needs it.

Jim
         When I send you the steering wheel you will find a small button center button attached to it.  I have a spare small button one that should go to a good home.  I like the thought of your passing mine on to someone else when you find the correct one. 
         That was nice of BWitmore to offer you his spare one with the ring.
          I learned something about helping others on this forum when  Rich sent me a door latch that  I needed to replace the worn out one that was on my car.   Jay

Jeff Norwell

I also failed to mention Jay is working on a killer 2 door Del Rio Wagon.... very solid car. Although not mentioned he has a killer 40 ford coupe and some awesome 34 Fords.
I had such a great visit.....
Thanks again Jay!!!

hiball3985

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2013-08-15 04:06
Jim
         When I send you the steering wheel you will find a small button center button attached to it.  I have a spare small button one that should go to a good home.  I like the thought of your passing mine on to someone else when you find the correct one. 
         That was nice of BWitmore to offer you his spare one with the ring.
          I learned something about helping others on this forum when  Rich sent me a door latch that  I needed to replace the worn out one that was on my car.   Jay

Jay, I have found this is a great community of people willing to help others with info, parts or what ever it takes to get the 57's going. I hope I can do the same in return some day.
I have met Bill and seen his gorgeous Ranchero. He is a very generous gentleman. I bought a spare 292 engine from him and he donated the money to the tornado victims, that made our dealings sweet and left me with a great feeling.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Man, is this a "feel-good" thread or what??!! Somebody says "I like your steering wheel" and it's gonna be sent cross country to him...and another going to send a horn ring.....awesome. Great bunch of guys here.
I am really glad to see you guys are continuing with the pics with member's in them. Great to see what you guys look like. I also noticed last week Bill (Fordblueblood) posted a pic of his Shelby on Pikes Peak...with him in it! keep 'em coming!
Jay, your e code is looking fantastic. Not that I regret painting my car by any means, but mine was in the grey primer(like yours) for so long that I kinda missed it when it got painted over. That front seat upholstery is awesome..is that the original oem? Your property makes me miss New England. That is a great hat, but I'm curious about your tee shirt. Are you of Native American heritage? Native Americans in the southwest are a large part of out population, but it is so rare, at least it was for me, to meet one in the Northeast.
Great pics, Jeff, thanks for posting. I assume that's you with the goatee? Glad you had a good trip.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe