News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Hardest 57 part or acc.

Started by wildhog, 2013-09-06 21:17

Previous topic - Next topic

jumping jack flash

Hmmmmmmm, ...Let's see..I know.  I want the garnish moulding for the dash that has the A/C vents in them. Maybe I should call them diverters as they are adjustable in their direction. And in good condition, there that eliminates the ones that need more repair than affordable. If you wonder at what part I'm talking about, look at Jerry's restoration of the coral and black 57 Ranchero. There is a shot of the dash that shows the diverters in the moulding.

JPotter57

My dad might have an extra factory ac diverter moulding...I'll check tomorrow and let you know.  I know he had one, and I got another one for him not too long ago, he might part with it.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

jumping jack flash

Thanks, What model of 57 ford does your Dad have?

JPotter57

Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

Jackflash, dad says to email him..I'll send you his email via personal message...
Old, loud, and fast.

jumping jack flash

Thanks JPotter, I will contact him when I get home, Sunday night. I'm not real familiar with how these are made, but maybe I can make the end pieces from  the common smooth garnish pieces.

jumping jack flash

Emailed your dad yesterday, still waiting to hear from your dad , James.  Thanks, I am hopeful at least now....Jack.

Jeff Norwell

The Hardest Part?.. getting the dang thing finished!
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

JPotter57

Old, loud, and fast.

gasman826

...the one you know you have and can't find!!!

jdlafayette

How about the 2dr htp flippers. I have 2 sets and hope to make one good one. I have read several times on here about replacement springs but never what ones work. Have been working on my fairlane 500 night and day and hope to see a light at the end of the rusty tunnel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jumping jack flash

I opened my front door Sunday to find a package from Mississippi . Thanks James Potter, and your Dad. I hope my offering will be enough. The part is just fine, a paintjob is all it needs. Chrome in this area is asking to be blinded anyway . I went with Wirenut to a salvage yard in Seguin on Tuesday, and found the end pieces. They were on an Edsel, and about the last car that would have had them , and we looked at thousands of cars. The moulding on the Edsel was a real rusted mess, but the end pieces will clean up just fine. Thanks, again.....While I was out that way , I dropped by Wirenut's to look at his 57 project. Looking good.

JPotter57

Cool deal finding those end pieces, they're kind of hard to find...Awesome.  I'm glad I could hook you guys up so you could work out a deal...
Old, loud, and fast.