News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Twins

Started by Mark, 2013-09-22 17:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

I had a few people tell me they had seen my car at places I had not been, Bob had people telling him the same thing. I went to a cruise night where I was told my car was without me and found Bob. Two 57 Fords with the same two tone paint parked side by side at a show today. :burnout:

Mark

another shot

Mark

no Ch--ys in sight

Boss/Cyclone

Cool, did you check the build dates?  At a cruise a couple years ago, parked by another 66 Mustang.  Talked to the guy and we realized they were built two days apart in the same plant.  Both were highly optioned and the only difference was exterior color.
57 Ford two door wagon
67 Shelby GT500 #2100 428, dual quads, 4speed
65 Cyclone drag car, 427, 4speed, ladder bars, etc.
64 Cyclone, Aztec Gold, 289, 4speed
66 Mustang GT fastback 347 5speed 4.22 gears
69 Mustang GT convertible 351 auto

JimNolan

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Mark

cars where from different plants, Bob's car was inca gold and black when it was new

RICH MUISE

Nice. They both look great...which is you and yours?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Harry

These are not twins but must have been sisters.

Mark

Rich, I'm on the right side and my plate has my last name (Findley) on it. Bob said he was going to see if he could get the same plate with a A instead of the E so he could park at motels and people would think it was me.     Harry, witch one is yours ? I see you are in Rockford and would like to meet you and your car. I'm in Richmond so your only about a hour away.   Mark

wildhog

Mark, The all blue car is Harry's and the blue and white one is mine. Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

57AGIN

Guys:

Rick and I are frequently teased at the shows we go to, because we nearly always show together and both have the same model of 57.  Of course, Rick's is set up as a Pro-Street Muscle Car, while mine is more of a Resto-Mod.  When I go to a show without Rick I always hear something like, "where is you Brother" or "where is Rick."  But it is all for fun anyway.  By the way the 66 Mustang belongs to a friend of ours, who goes to many shows with us (He'd like to get a 57 wagon).

Bob
57 AGIN

JimNolan

Great looking cars.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

RICH MUISE

absolutly two of the best. So Bob, now you got me wondering about upkeep. Both your car and Ricks are always just spotless. I'm wondering not only how you keep your cars looking so good (wet washing, dry?, engine bays, etc), but how much time you spend detailing on an average.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57AGIN

Rich:

Neither Rick nor I spend a great deal of time on detailing our cars.  Primarily because we have so many shows spaced close together and relatively close to our homes.  I believe Rick washes his 57 once or twice a year and uses Mothers' or McGuires detailing mists in between washes.  His car was completed in about 2000 and has been garaged continuously since.  Mine was completed in 2012 and the only water it has seen since I put it on the road at the 2012 Knott's show was during an unexpected rain and sleet storm when on the way to a car show in Palm Springs.  Yeah, ice chunks were flung side to side by the windshield wipers on that February Friday morning.  Fortunately, there was no damage done and my baby didn't shrink.  I spend about an hour a week in spraying & wiping it off with a micro-fiber towel Mothers' or McGuires detailing mist on the exterior, engine compartment and interior.  So far this year I've been to 31 weekend car shows, so the keeping of the car clean is really not a hassle.  My 2008 Shelby GT sits outside every night and my 57 gets the garage.  The Shelby gets washed weekly and is my daily driver.  I clean the engine compartment of the Shelby weekly when the car gets washed and it too gets shown on occasion.  Both cars are drivers, not garage/trailer queens.  The 57 has 21,000 miles on it since I put it on the road originally in 2004 and the Shelby has over 50,100 mile on it. I love both of them.   Thanks for the comment and question.

Bob
57 AGIN

Jeff Norwell

Beautys eh! :canada:
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com