News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

John Force Car Show/ 57 AGAIN

Started by shopratwoody, 2006-12-03 21:25

Previous topic - Next topic

shopratwoody

BOB,
Checked out your ride today, very nice. By the looks of your scrapbook you started out with a painted car.
I can't imagine doing all that work and saving the paint! :BangHead: Heck of a job. I should have mine there next year.
When did you have to get there to get a place to park? Any tips on how or when to register?
Good job :headbang:
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

RAWms

Any picts from the show?  Sounds like a great time.

Ron,
I got a ride in Bob's car and it gets it on.   I'm copying his clean engine compartment. 

Five Seven Fords  :crowd:

r

Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

shopratwoody

r,
I didn't take my camera, it was a last minute thing. My daughter took hers ,I'll see what she got. Chrisman's Ranchero
is still one of the best around. I talked to them a bit. All of Chrismans stuff is perfect.
  I finished up the wiring in my car Sat. It's nice to have everything working. The original turn signal sw. is all metal and works like new. Not much left before it goes to get sprayed. I have all the material here. I did the interior, jambs etcv
all the core support, fender panels, back of hood and firewall and interior of box here. They just get the easy stuff.
Next the interior..Have you fired yours up yet?
Ron  :icon_cheers:
I hate blocksanding!

RAWms

Ron,
How about posting or e-mailing me some pictures of your re-do project? 

I haven't fired up the motor yet.  maybe in a week or so.  Finding and working out the fan belt/pulleys was a bigger issue than I thought.   :BangHead:   I need to resolve an idler pulley for the AC as the belt rubs the water pump pulley.   Getting all the itty bitty parts for a short block is a big pain; Lesson learned.   I might be able to fit the radiator this week.    I can't finish the dash wiring until the evaporator has a home.  Things should pick up the pace then I hope.

r

...as of Apr 2007

57AGIN

RAWms & Ron:

Force show was a pretty good one, with about 850 cars.  I agree with Ron, Chrisman's Black Ranchero was very nice.  But, I also found at least 3 other 57 owners & cars I hadn't seen before, and a couple I'd seen but lost track of.  All in all, I think after walking the entire show I found seven 57's besides mine, a 1% of show turnout.  I really blew it though, I left my camera at home in my hurry to get to the show early enough to find parking.  I got to the show at 7:15 a.m. (show officially opened to the public at 10:00 a.m.) and was still parked about 100 yards down one of the streets from the Force property.  Next year I'll plan on getting there at no later than 6:00 a.m.  As I recall with my somewhat cluttered memory the following 57's were at the show.  A concours quality Skyliner (red/white), two Ranchero's (1 black & 1 tan?), Fairlane 500 (orange), two Custom 300's (both turquoise/white) and one Custom (yellow).

I've written to the local 57 owners on my e-group list, as the annual all Ford show at Knott's Berry Farm is the next main event in Southern California.  On Saturday November 18, a couple of other 57 owners and I met with the Ford Car Club Council to make a presentation for making the 57 Fords one of the "Milestone" cars featured at the 2007 Knott's show.  After being given the opportunity to address the Council, it was determined that the 1957 Ford would be included as a milestone car and be featured along with 1932 Fords and Mercury Cougars (celebrating the 75th anniversary of the Ford V-8, and the 40th anniversary of the Cougar). This means that at least 8 of our 57's will be displayed in the enclosed grass area where the milestone cars, Ford car clubs, and featured guests have their booths/tents.  This is quite an honor and as it turned out it was not a "slam dunk," because they needed to be convinced that our request wasn't just because the 57's are celebrating a 50th birthday in 2007.  It was the facts that in 1957 Ford outsold Chevrolet by a substantial number, that the much vaunted 283 FI Chevy was completely outclassed by the F-code supercharged 57's on both the drag strips and nearly all other motor sports events in 1957(especially NASCAR), that the 1st real factory developed and dealer available "Muscle Car" was the 1957 Ford (Over 300 advertised hp (and that was under rated), that convinced them to add us to the milestone cars to be celebrated.  Not withstanding that our 57's look great enough to be celebrated on good looks alone.

In accord with the criteria established by the Ford Car Club Council, I will be trying to make arrangements with the owners of the various models of the 57 to be displayed on the grass .  I will be looking for a Skyliner, Sunliner, Fairlane 500, Fairlane, Custom 300, Custom, Station Wagon, & Ranchero to represent the marque.   Unfortunately, the criteria is pretty specific and the numbers to be displayed on the grass are very limiting.  I hope to be able to return to the next Ford Car Club Council meeting on December 16, 2006 with both pictures of the cars I am recommending to be included and commitments from the owners of these cars to have their car displayed if the council approves my recommendations.  Their basic criteria is the car should be relatively stock and be representative of the model represented.  I am also going to try to get a 57 police cruiser and a Thunderbird added, to bring our milestone car display to 10 cars.  The rest of us should also really make an effort to have our cars present at the show to show how well the 57 Ford has responded to the improvements in technology, changes in use and styles over the years, i.e., cruising, customizing, racing and just personal preferences.  I will be trying to get a space made available for all the rest of our 57's to be parked together, instead of being separated, i.e., Rancheros with the pick-ups, station wagons with other years of station wagons, etc.

I already have commitments from the owners of a Sunliner, Skyliner, Fairlane 500, Del Rio Ranchwagon and Ranchero to present to the Ford Car Club Council.  But I still need to round out the list, if you have a clean & fairly stock Fairlane  (2 or 4-door), Custom 300  (2 or 4-door), or Custom (2 or 4-door) and would like to have your 57 displayed on the grass with the "Milestone" cars, please send me a picture of you car for me to share with the Ford Car Club Council on December 16.  Thanks, I'm looking forward to seeing all, or as many as possible, of you at the 22nd ANNUAL "FABULOUS FORDS FOREVER" KNOTT'S BERRY FARM, April 22, 2007.

Anyway that's what is going on so far for 2007 and the the John Force Holiday Car Show brings to an end a pretty great 2006 car show and Ford events year.  The major shows and Ford events a group of the local 57 owners attended this year and can expect to do next year in the LA & Orange County area include the fowllowing:  Seal Beach Annual car show, Knott's Berry Farm Annual "Fabulous Fords Forever" show, Galaxy Club All Ford show, Mustang's at the Queen Mary car show (if we get enough 57's we have our own class), Orange County Labor Day Cruise, Annual Belmont Shore car show, Annual All Ford Picnic & Car Show, Wings, Wheels & Rotors at Los Alamitos Expo, Fun Ford Weekend Drag Race & Car Show at the California Speedway, Sunset Ford Showdown (if we get enough 57's we have our own class), and the John Force Holiday Car Show.

RAWms

VERY NICE WORK BOB!   Thank you for taking the lead, representing our interests in the '57, and the information on the events.  r

...as of Apr 2007

shopratwoody

Roger,
I'll get some pictures to post or email soon :help1:
  Bob, that black car you posted needs the hood I have for sale... it has that look :headbang:
Ron :help1:
I hate blocksanding!

57AGIN

Ron:

Actually, that black car is a Ford Dresden Blue and he has another hood with a Pro-Stock hood scoop and a wheelie bar set-up when he gets really serious.  The picture was taken in twilight at the Friday night Main Street Garden Grove show.  His car is is a really class act, paint, chrome, running gear, interior all top notch.   

Bob
57AGIN

shopratwoody

Bob,
That is a nice Ford. A T-Bolt Teardrop would still look good  :headbang: My rear wheel opening were like that for years.
Just recently added sheet metal , not to stock but not full wheel opening either. Kinda wish I'd left them cutout, Wouldn't
have to have narrowed the rearend that way :BangHead:
Later, Ron
I hate blocksanding!