News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I'm going with Hagerty for this next year. I had a speeding ticket 1 1/2 years ago, and some of the insurance companies that I talked to won't consider insuring you if you have more than one strike against you in the past 3 years....that's combined tickets and accidents. I had to talk like crazy to get Haggerty to up the mileage to their max. of 7500 miles per year, over their stated max of 5K. That cost another 60 bucks!, so the premium is now 641 for (45k coverage) annually.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

BTW, this is the building damage they apparently paid 13 K to have fixed...
note the 3 foot or so wall is pushed out about 6"  from the foundation. That is because being a car wash, the bottom of the wall / sill plate and anchors had all rotted away from constant moisture.

BBoswell

Rich . . . I have and have had Hagerty on all my classic cars. They are a little strict but don't seem to have the one accident thing. I've only filed one claim in all the years I've been with them and that was when I backed into a hidden concrete pillar in my Custom 300 and messed up the rear bumper. To have it straightened and replated cost almost $900 and all they needed was a photo of the damage and an estimate and they paid quickly without question. And the best part is my insurance didn't go up.

57AGIN

Rich:

I too had Grundy for about 10 years, without a claim. Then my Insurance Broker started having problems gettin paid by them for providing them business..He suggested that I switch to Infinity Select Insurance so I did. I'm insured for $100,000 agreed value, costing a little over $500 per year.  Not too long after the switch my 57 was hit & run while parked.  The damage wasn't too great, about $3,600 to have Santini re-do the passenger side rear quarter panel.  Infinity paid promptly without question.  Then two years later, February 15, 2015 I had my front & rear collision on the freeway coming home from a car show in Palm Springs, CA.  So far I've received over $36,000 for the repairs, with another $15-20,000 still  left to take care of the final repair costs.  My insurance has been renewed without question.  So far it has been a good decision as far as I'm concerned.  I hope they will continue to insure me after the car gets back on the road, probably in 2017.

Bob
57 AGIN

RICH MUISE

Lots of good referals around for both Grundy and Haggerty, but nice to get referals for the smaller companies as well...thanks for that, Bob. I already had stuff in the works for Haggerty, and I finalized it today...even have the certificate of insurance in my email to print out.

RICH MUISE

I go to a local meet-up every Saturday night about 1/4 mile from my house. It's on old rt 66 and a bunch of us mostly old guys sit around and tell lies for a few hours. I should have been bringing my camera along for the past few months...there's a bunch of neat cars that show up. The new owner of the property we park at loves hot rods...a few weeks ago he even bought us 4 pizzas and apologized because a party he was giving was taking up alot of the spaces. He even asked if we wanted any cars moved out of our way!
I took these pics last night. The 49 merc is one of 4 outstanding cars a friend owns. His 54 Lincoln is over the top. They're all purple.
The '5? pickup has a 5.8 efi from a '96 pickup
Next weekend there are two hot rod runs out of Amarillo. The Saturday one will run down to Childress (115 miles se on 287) and the destination is a big Ford collector's place. I'm really looking forward to that. The Sunday run is headed for a place the locals call the "overlook" near Silverton and will have a barbecue there. This run apparently has been an annual event with a large turnout.
Sounds like I've got a fun weekend coming up.
I did take an afternoon drive today to just over the NM state line to Russel's Truck Stop that has a really nice free museum inside. He recently swapped out the cars on display as they do 3 or 4 times a year, and now has some great Fords I hadn't seen before.

gasman826

browsing old photos and found this one of my Dad with his second deer circa 1965.  Michigan had a fox bounty that paid for the deer license. 

If you squint real hard, peeking out behind Dad is my '57.  Some change!

RICH MUISE

I could never be a hunter...I killed a pheasant when I was about 14 and felt guilty forever!
When do you figure the Custom will be done? I guess with that t-bird interior you're building it for both street and strip? That's one I'd like to hear!!

gasman826

Same old story, life keeps getting in the way.  I'm testing all the custom wiring before I button up the dash and console.  I found a problem with the horn that required a new turn signal switch/column harness.  It took a while just to find a NOS turn signal switch for a '76 Lincoln!  One step back...half step forward.  I did buy 11 gallons of E85 to start testing the fuel gauge sender and then move on to purging the fuel lines.  11 gallons should read 1/4 on the fuel gauge.  Timing was also an issue to get the E85 bought before the stations change over to winter blend.

teejay99

A 57 that ran the local streets with a 427 wedge back in the day is now 427 cammer powered , and not a street machine . It does make it to a local cruise now and then but is trailered . I had a shot of the front end flipped up with a good pic of the motor , but can't find the damned thing now !  :003:

T

teejay99

RICH MUISE

Nice.....but too nice not to be driven, lol. Where are the  "local streets"?

teejay99

The car was a regular on the street in the 60's in Windsor Ontario , right across from Detroit if you aren't familiar with Ontario .....car is now in London ON , about 120 miles north of here , where these pics were taken in August . Owner is about my age , 70 , so maybe the car is a little too much for the street . :003:

Ford Blue blood

Yup....here it is, almost the "new" 6AM.  Been awake for an hour now, second cup of coffee, ol body is getting more resistant to changes in schedule.  Don't remember this happening years ago?

GOOD MORNING :003:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II