News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

57redwhitered

I stepped on a rattle snake in my yard and I believe I hold a record for a hundred yard dash while reciting the snake's family heritage.  As I recall his parents were not married and his mother was a dog.  The snake met his maker after I regained my composure and quit screaming like a little girl.
1957 Skyliner

gasman826

Finished emptying the barn, auction over, after auction clean up, final move out, and turnover of the keys.  Six grueling weeks of moving stuff and it is gone and over.  I sympathize with anyone who has this in their future especially those with gray hair.  It's like estate planning...huge gratification upon completion.  Now it is back to full time work on the '57s!!!!

RICH MUISE

I wish I could say I know the feeling well. It must be a huge relief to get that done and over with. I keep getting sidetracked trying to get back to my garage refurbishing. Typical day yesterday included cutting down a dead tree and prunning back others. trying to fix a light fixture only to discover the po not only miswired a switch/outlet combo, but had a bad connection where he spliced into a neutral wire. That connection would lose contact when  the switch was pushed into the box.
The honey-do list keeps growing, but the stuff I'm getting done is making big differences in the livability of the house.
I really need to get the garage done though so I can finish cleaning out my workshop/garage at the old house.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

terry_208

I can see a move in my future but I don't know about grey hair part, most of mine has been gone for years!  I'll bet having the barn was nice, until moving time!  If I had something that large it would be nearly impossible to move as it would be full to the roof. I'm glad you've survived the move!
Terry

hiball3985

I moved enough times in my life that I decided this was the last one and that was 38 years ago. If I'm ever forced to move again I will rent a backhoe, dig a huge hole in the back yard, shove everything in it and just drive away  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Wirenut

I feel your pain. I moved a few weeks ago and discovered my wife and I are borderline  hoarders. An old neighbor wanted to come see the place and bring a housewarming gift, I told her that anyone who visits now has to take something with them when they leave from now on. Unfortunately being a car guy not only includes accumulating car parts but tools of all sorts too.

gasman826

Letting car parts go often were associated with sweating and stammering.  But letting a tool go took weeks to gain acceptance.  The only consolation was the dust collector and scaffolding brought a good price.  You never know when you might need a four foot pipe wrench!!

RICH MUISE

When we rented our old house, we kept control of some storage areas for a while at least,which helped a bunch at least as far as immediate attention is concerned. I still haven't emptied out my old workroom, but need to do so before too long. As I mentioned earlier, repairs and things needing attention keep getting in the way. Also, it's been too hot here most days for me to be in the storage areas anyways.

Waxed my '57 for the first time last night. Can't remember the last time I hand waxed a car.........20 years ago?? Today I'm going to polish the wheels, detail the interior, clean up the engine compartment a bit. I'm not real big on going overboard getting a car ready for a show as mine is meant to be a driven-a-lot car. It's been ignored pretty much though, so it really needs it anyway. Getting it ready for a local car show in the old historical district Saturday. Found out this week my next door neighbor is president of the association that puts it on. Cool to live in a neighborhood with real car guys. My last neighborhood car guys were guys with purple Cadilacs with 30" wheels.

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2017-06-30 08:14
My last neighborhood car guys were guys with purple Cadilacs with 30" wheels.
Now thats what you call 100% justification for moving. Mines a daily driver so I've never done my wheels in the four years they have been on there other then hitting them with a hose. I'd have to sit on my ass to do them which is ok until it's time to get back up  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

JimNolan

One smite deletes 5 atta-boys.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

hiball3985

Some people just piss me off. My son and grandson and his wedding hoodlums :003: made a point of having their picture taken with the Ranchero. After waiting two months to get the 100's of pictures from the photographer she cropped the whole front of the car off  :005:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

terry_208

Not only that but she didn't even center the guys!  Was this a professional photographer?  It's enough upset anyone.  I wonder what she thought the object of standing in front of your Ranchero was? 
Terry

hiball3985

Quote from: terry_208 on 2017-07-09 09:34
Not only that but she didn't even center the guys!  Was this a professional photographer?  It's enough upset anyone.  I wonder what she thought the object of standing in front of your Ranchero was?
Yes she is a professional photographer and to her credit she took beautiful pictures of the wedding. I think the connection of guys and cars just went over her head..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Jim, still a great casual photo!! Except for the pickup in the background, the  composition is good, although as you said she obviously missed the point of taking the photo at your car. Hopefully she just cropped it for printing and the image has more of the Ranchero.

hiball3985

I need to track down some of the other people who were taking pictures at the same time with their cell phones and see if someone has a better one..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang