News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2017-07-09 10:18
Jim, still a great casual photo!! Except for the pickup in the background, the  composition is good, although as you said she obviously missed the point of taking the photo at your car. Hopefully she just cropped it for printing and the image has more of the Ranchero.
Thanks Rich. Unfortunately this wasn't in the plan, it was a last minute decision by the guys and I was at the other end of the property at the time and didn't even know it was happening or I would have moved it to another location away from the other parked cars.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

cool bunch of guys there.
and most of the modern times people don't get it. They just think of old cars as a good backdrop to lean on. don't worry . they just take pictures. and we drive'em hard all year long  :002:

hiball3985

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2017-07-10 16:59
cool bunch of guys there.
and most of the modern times people don't get it. They just think of old cars as a good backdrop to lean on. don't worry . they just take pictures. and we drive'em hard all year long  :002:
Luckily my son is into old cars, he's a FORD man, Like me he wouldn't be caught dead in a foreign car.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lotsafords

Not sure I'm in the right place but I'm looking for a good restoration facility in the Central Valley of Ca. for my 1957 Skyliner which caught on fire the Sat before the 4th.  Burned all the wiring on FW and under dash.  Burned the fenders, cowl, firewall and  part of the roof.  In addition to the fire damage the Fire Dept. foamed the entire inside of the car and then flooded it including the trunk.  The car is in need of a significant amount of work and the insurance co. does not want to total it if there is any possibility to restoring it.  The car is or was a well cared for original with some history and a great story.  In the middle of a complete repaint of my 57 Ranchero and not interested in holding on to the Retrac until I can get to it.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Jack

RICH MUISE

Bummer! Sorry to hear that, but kuddos to the insurance company for not wanting to total it. I'm sure there are guys here that can head you in the right direction, just not sure about the ability to keep it close to home.
If you decide keeping it near home is not necessarily in your best interest, I'd check out Jerry's classic cars in Arkansas.
www.jerrysclassiccars.com
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lotsafords

Thanks for the info but am pretty confident there must be responsible shops and craftsmen in Ca.
Jack

gasman826

I logged in this morning to find my avatar missing.  It seems PhotoBucket will not support third party hosting without a paid membership.  I attempted copying the file from my drive without success...file too large or not avatar error message.  So...what is the max size for this site?  Is it bytes or pixel height and width?  Searched the forum to find most had guessed until it fit.

RICH MUISE

"guessed until it fit." I'd check, but my avatar folder is in my old computer which is not hooked up yet, but it is pretty small...seems like around 100 or so thingies.
One Hamb member was posting about photobucket wanting 400 a year to host his photos. I don't think photobucket will be around much longer.
When you resize whatever photo you're going to use, make sure you use the "save as" saving, not "save", or it'll forever be that small

edit..found the info on my current avatar.
102 x 77 px
19.03kb

Jeff Norwell

Yea...Photobucket is doing that to all message boards.. creating  lots of Havoc.....  Hamm-Garage journal etc,etc.... a big guess is that they are going under and making a last big money grab.B E W A R E .....I have already grabbed all my images and secured them on my External HD...

Gary...... try 192 pixels by 192 pixels @ 72 dpi... or.....
2.667x2.667.... again 72 dpi... that will work
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

hiball3985

I noticed all the pictures missing at several forums, I've heard they are wanting between $100-350 from some people. I'm glad they can't hold peoples pictures hostage and you can get them back.
I keep all mine on a separate HD and an external.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

Kinda slow around here.....I'm guilty.....been on the road, catching up with the three acres that have had plenty of rain and sun to grow like mad.  Getting ready to hit the road again.  Work has been limited to cleaning up, rearranging, and storing finished parts.  Still hitting the stainless a little at a time and will continue with that until it is all completed and the "morning sun - afternoon showers" weather pattern moves on so I can start the blocking/painting process once more.  Time for the coffee cup to be filled again.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

gasman826

...noticed the slow thing.  It's summer and there's not enough time to go around.  Time is just a flying and summer is half way.  First successful drive with the wagon.  I made time to visit forum member.  AOD has been giving me shifting fits.  Control issues usually boil down to valve body, govenor or case (cracked).  Swapped out the expensive, aftermarket valve body with OEM valve body and it shifts like an OEM AOD.  I'm relieved to isolate the problem but now have to return the aftermarket valve body to the vendor.  I'll be holding my breathe to see how good tech support resolves this.

Oh...figured out the Avatar thing.  Thanks for the suggestions.  100 pixel x 75 pixel worked.  300x300 didn't.  The only two sizes I tried.  The learning curve on the picture software upgrades was too time consuming.

RICH MUISE

Yep, the summer has been flying by. I've only had time for a few overnight road trips. About 3 weeks ago, I did Taos and Santa Fe again. Car ran great, got lots of people asking about the car. On the way out, I stopped for a fill-up in Tuchemcarie (sp?) and pulled up next to a guy filling a beautiful 63 1/2 Galaxie. He was from Texas also, and on his way to Reno for Hot August Nights. Man, sure wish I had had the time and money to follow him there! I'll post pics of that trip as soon as I figure out what happened to my computer cables to hook up my camera went to!!
Been doing a lot of house repair/remodeling, so time on the '57 has been very short. I've been remodeling the living room fireplace.........refinished the bricks, modified the fireplace hearth opening shape, added a 10 foot mantle to match the ceiling beams. A few days ago I started working on built-in bookcases for each end of the fireplace.
Living with two women can have it's advantages........Sherry (wife's cousin) bought me a Toro riding lawnmower this week. It's used but in great shape. Her hairdresser's husband had it....belonged to his mom who recently passed away.
I have run into my first driveability issue with the '57. I was taking the dog out for a ride last week and stopped for cigs. When I got back in and took off, the car started skipping real bad. Wasn't sure I was going to make it home. It will run up to 4k for several minutes in park without skiiping a beat, but will cough and sputter if I try to drive it. So..the long list of things to check has begun. May of the things I don't have the equiptment or know-how to check, so I'm starting with stuff I can do.
When I built the car, I modified the gas tank and started to por-15 the welded areas to add some sealing assurance. It was something I wanted to keep an eye on as I realized after starting, that the surface didn't have enough tooth to allow the por-15 to adhere properly. So, yesterday I pulled the pump and found lots of por-15 pieces floating around the tank, and parially blocking the filter sock on the pump. I spent hours cleaning all that stuff out, including removing the remaining por-15 that was still hanging to the tank. I replaced the filter on the pump. The fine meshed screen on the inside of the pump had zero contaminants on it, so the sock filter caught everything before it entered the fuel line. I also replaced the inline fuel filter and cut the old one apart to double check. Nothing visible on the inside of the filter. I got the car back together last night and took it for a run but didn't fix the problem.

I also ran a engine code test and there are no new codes being thrown that were not on the list a year ago.

I'm going to continue with the fuel system checks, and I haven't eliminated the posibility I got some bad fuel, but I'm not sure how you tell. cleaning the por-15 remnants out of the tank yesterday, I was in the gasoline for hours. It looked normal and smelled normal, but.........? Today I'm going to add some gas treatment and fill it (3/8 of a tank now). After a few neighborhood runs, the car is running better than when the skipping first started, but obviously not resolved. Because it IS running a little better, my thoughts are it is not a coil (coil on plugs), but more than likely an injector. Hmmm. 8 injectors at 40 ish each. I may buy one new one first, then try it in all 8 locations to see if anything changes. Same with the coils when I get to the sparky system.

RICH MUISE

Got the car running better than it ever has. When I changed over to coil on plugs, I bought a used set of coils because Motorcrafts are close to 70ish each (x8!). Anyway, decided it was time for a major tune up, so ordered a full set of Bosche injectors, which I still haven't received, and I bought a set of 8 coils locally and plugs and got them installed yesterday. The #1 cylinder plug was showing a richer burn than the others, so probably that was the bad coil. I've still got some other stuff I bought to install, but as for now, she's running great. Took the dog out for a 60 mile run. I was pleased to find the engine had had the plugs replaced at some point, and were very easy to remove. I made sure I used anti-seize on the new ones and dialectric on the connections.

racton

:unitedstates:       I put plugs in my stock 272 yesterday.i set the points and adjusted the idle screws a little lean.I drove it 5 or so miles today and it runs much better than it has been.It still idles a little rough 925rpms...................I just noticed that distance didnt prevent us from doing what we felt was necesary....I read once that fire was discovered at the same time on different continents......Have fun....racton