News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

djfordmanjack

I have no GPS whatsoever, no smartphone. When I do a trip I study road maps, and take notes on a small post it, stating the names of larger cities or regions on the way. it's so much more fun to cruise in an old car the old way, without anybody's annoying gossip or the horrible blueish displays. maybe it's just me.
I took the 57CS on another trip to Croatia to a Classic car and Rock n roll festival (only 80 miles one way this time) and I got a bit lost in Slovenia, but I roughly knew the directions and next town to go to, and I took country roads, which was just beautiful, driving into sunset, 30mph on one lane roads going zig zag around the local corn fields, small churches, rivers and streams. Forgot to take pics...loud rock n Roll music and cool beer, tasty Croatian BBQ, combined with incredible hospitality of my Croatian friends made for an unforgettable weekend !

here's a pic that somebody took of the 57CS. There were several other early Fords, a 61 Y block powered Galaxie, 2x 53 ish 2drs, a 58 Squarebird, several early F100 trucks, a sweet 64 Falcon, 2 chopped Mercurys and lots of early GM iron.

RICH MUISE

Hugh......Neat website on Amarillo I wasn't aware of. Most of it was on 6th st historic district (old rt66. Yesterday was the annual(?) rt66 festival. They had almost a mile of the street closed off for entertainment, food vendors, car show, crafts vendors. Unfortunately it was in the low-mid 90s all day, but didn't deter the crowds. Had literally hundreds of comments or thumbs-up on my car (no $ offers though). They had 100 spots allotted for the car show and filled them all. I even got to chat with Miss Texas for 15 minutes. Very impressive young lay, very excited about her first trip to Amarillo.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Sounds like that trip to Croatia was a blast! Jealous!

We have a car show in Springfield every year to show off Rt 66 too. Well over 200 cars and they close of several streets. Always hot here as well. Was yesterday too...same as you..low end of 90's.
Glad you were able to use that link. Sounds like it worked well...good looking lady in the car...nice!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

do we have to ask for pics, or it didn't happen.... ?  :003:

I swear, I saw several 'Miss Croatia' yesterday, dozens if not hundreds.... :002:

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2024-06-16 10:26...good looking lady in the car...nice!  :003:

djfordmanjack

Hope this pic isn't too offensive, but you know that is perfectly ok in Europe to have beverages in public. This pic really sums it up somehow. When people of 4 different countries (within 25 miles of each other), with 4 different languages, meet to celebrate old cars and music. That's a REAL '24 T C-cab from Slovenia, registered in Gornja Radgona, right across the border to Austria and even though I don't know the guy, the different drinks on board are Croatian, Slovenian, Hungarian, Austrian and American. The truck has a very nice original type of patina.

mustang6984

I'd say the guy is one to know! LOL!!!

yea, I'd like to see a pic of the young lady too...but I'm betting he didn't think to take one! Phooey!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

abe_lugo

Cool picture Gunther.

We went to the LA Roadster Father's Day show.

I took the Cadillac but there was some 57's there.  I forgot to take a pic of the all black convertible 58.
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

abe_lugo

A few more
We went roller skating at night and drove the hardtop out to Burbank. I got to take a creepy shot next to the neon Church sign.

djfordmanjack

those are great pics and cars, Abe. The country Sedan has a color combo that I have never seen before on a 57. lower green and upper all white/cream. it works well ! The 29 Model A roadster is just insane. 6x2 Nailhead, wide five, patina.... wow !

abe_lugo

I seen that CS a couple shows now.  It used to have full white walls but they might had just rollers on it.
It's really low stance like as low as my hardtop.

djfordmanjack

it doesn't look overly wild, but we all know about the 57 frame being low in front and the trans crossmember and crossover pipe on stock engines. a 57 will get annoyingly low on speed bumps, even with a mild drop. Wide whites would benefit the look, but I get, how some owners use radials for everyday use. I have to say my 57 drives perfectly well on 8.00-14 Goodrich. she needs like 2-4 inches left to right to cope for road bumps, but once you leave her alone and let go, she will go straight as an arrow. 50 or 100.
I again had her over 90mph last week, and the 292 is pulling so hard, she won't stop. It's a very old worn engine but sure has power, to no end. the hammering sound of a Y block @ rpms is just goose bumps.

RICH MUISE

Having some issues with both my Iphone and computer self-changing things. irritating! Not sure if I got the pics I was looking for:Nope

CobraJoe

Very cool picture Gunther!...and I don't mind the "Adult" beverages at all!  :occasion14:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

Ditto, and good to see your name popped up, Joe.
Even though I don't drink..last beer was about 35 years ago........I can't imagine anyone having a problem with that.

mustang6984

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2024-06-18 08:37Very cool picture Gunther!...and I don't mind the "Adult" beverages at all!  :occasion14:

Greetings pisan!
And yep...agreed! He has so much fun with his cars!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker