News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Limey57

Quote from: motorhead6 on 2014-06-10 06:20
Here is what I am starting with. I've done the dash, core support, some small stuff like light buckets, fenders, and hood. I will be doing doors next and then the body. I guess I have plenty of time to get those missing pieces together. It has been off the frame, but I will do it again just because it has been a while back. So far I have not found a body mount kit. Am I going to have to make one up or does anybody make one for a Ranchero?

My Ranchero came with a new body mounting kit, it was in a Steelerubber box, but I threw the box out after I used it, so I don't know any part numbers (IF it was the original box).  You're doing the right thing sorting the smaller bits & pieces, there's nothing worse than having the body almost ready for paint then realising you haven't finished (or even started!) all the smaller bits of metalwork that need painting too.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

Went to the Pueblo NSRA show yesterday..I already posted pics of the only '57 Ford that was there in the events section. Lots of awesome "other" cars there. I'm not real big into T buckets, but this one was a work of art. Love the windshield on this, and the recurring design in the air intake.
Also..This '35 Studebaker caught my eye....Stude didn't make a sedan delivery...this one began life as a coupe. Can you tell what was used to arrive at the final product?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Limey57

T-buckets were the first "rods" I ever saw back in the mid 1970's when I was around 7 years old.  There were a few fibreglass bodies over here back then that spawned every drive-train imaginable from wheezing 4-pots to Jaguar V12's.  Completely impractical but mad in a good way!  I don't think I'd ever build one but they make me smile every tim I see one.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

57chero

That 35 looks it has the back end off a PT cruiser.

RICH MUISE

Quote from: 57chero on 2014-06-28 13:23
That 35 looks it has the back end off a PT cruiser.
Yup! It does kinda jump out at you, but the guy's bodyman I thought did a great job coming up with the idea and pulling it off.

57 Ford Kustom

Hi Guys,
   Not so much good news from my home front. I haven't been feeling well these last few weeks, so Monday I went to see the Doctor. Today I received the news that I have liver cancer.The Doc said that it was a secondary cancer, and they must find the cancer that spread it to my liver. The bad news is that I was given a 5% survival on this type of cancer. Please keep my wife and children in your prayers as we walk down this path. On the bright side my machine shop called today and said that they are ready to start on my engine. I can only hope that I can get it back, and installed before I get to sick. I sure would love to drive it !
Tim :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

RICH MUISE

Oh my God, Tim, I'm at a total loss for words. Your family has not had it easy by any means the past few years. I'm not a religious person, but I know you are, and your faith is going to go a long way towards getting you and your family through this. I know there are a bunch of your friends here that are going to be praying for you and yours as well. Don't give up hope...5% ain't much but it's something.
Rich

hiball3985

I'm speechless right now Tim, I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm sorry nothing I can say will make things any easier for you or the family but will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope for the best.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

JPotter57

Tim, I am so sorry to hear that news, man.  Just know that I will have you in my prayers.  I will also be praying wisdom for your doctors to find the problem, so they can get you fixed up.  Praying for you and your family during this time.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Frankenstein57

Tim, that is some bad news this morning. The treatments they use now days are amazing, I think you should seek all the options you can. One of my best friends is battling lung and brain cancer,for over a year and a half, and he has it in check. I wish I lived closer, I would help you get your 57 done.  Stay strong,  Mark

57 Ford Kustom

Thanks for your prayers and concerns guys, I serve a God that is not restricted by percentages! We know that He will be glorified in whatever comes from this! I am going to have my treatments at Dartmouth Hitchcock hospital, it is the best in all of New England. I do not fear death itself, I do morn for my family that is left behind, but God will be there shelter in this time, and the times to come!

Ford Blue blood

Incredibly sad news Tim!  You will be added to my prayers and we will add you to the church list as well.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

sprink88

Wow Tim, that is bad news. But hang in there. 5 percent is better than no percent. I will keep you and your family in prayers
~Chris

Thor

Tim,
Sorry to  hear about your cancer. Saw this on TV this morning and I thought of you. This fellow fell 30 feet down a mountain during the Mount Marathon in Seward, Alaska back in 2012. He had severe brain trauma and wasn't expected to walk or talk again. He recovered and ran the race two years later almost to the day. Link:  http://www.click2houston.com/lifestyle/health/man-comes-back-from-severe-brain-injury-to-run-race/26806480
Just goes to show anything is possible with a positive attitude, faith, and determination. My prayer for you is that they find the source of the cancer quickly, devise an intense regiment that slows or stops the spread of you cancer giving you the best chance of survival. I know I will be praying for you and your family. God Bless and good luck!

57 Ford Kustom

Thank you all for your thoughts and concerns. It was a hard weekend as you can imagine, telling my children, and my mom who lost my Dad 5 yrs ago, and my younger brother 2 yrs ago. My wife and I will be going today to get my ct scan. We are hopefull that they will find the primary cancer so I can begin treatment soon!