News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

Tim, This just blew me away,we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Not much advise to give you today have seen in friends and my dad that if pain isn't managed well then the spirit to fight and survive fades rather quickly.

One thing I learned to use when my wife had a traumatic brain injury is the right to dismiss (fire) any health provider that is not serving you well. Incompetence hurts more than anything and its present everywhere from lowly CNAs to doctors.

And lastly do a search for Phoenix Rising alternative approach to Cancer treatments. Personally this would be my choice of treatment if in your situation. I have trouble that a multi-billion dollar industry is willing to cut off the source with a cure and to this day they haven't. So far they can prolong one's dependence on their product but not cure, and that is why the alternatives always are attacked as quackery.

Whatever path you choose, your faith and positive approach will serve you well. And it will be a blessing to your family and friends. I do believe in the power of prayer , in my wife's case all her health care providers were/are shocked by her recovery. And yes most of them provided excellent care many expressed their unexplained rate and degree of recovery. Simply no scientific explanation. But as they say faith doesn't require any explanation.

We'll be praying............

zap- :unitedstates:

Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Limey57

It's really difficult to know what to write at times like this, sometimes the words in your mind get muddled up as they make their way from your mind through your typing fingers and onto the screen.  The best thing in these situations is to try and stay positive, I know it's difficult, but we have a friend who was diagnosed with cancer and given six months, she was positive and upbeat about if from the start and is STILL positive and upbeat now TWO YEARS later.  Sure, she's getting weak, but I'm convinced her positive attitude and family support is extending her life in this world.

Cancer is like rust in a car, you can either give up and send the car to the crusher or turn the music up and continue to drive it and smile.
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Jeff Norwell

Tim. My Prayers are for you now..so very sorry.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

6cyl57

Tim, wishing you and family the best .

Ecode70D

Tim
    That's not good news.  I promise to keep you and your family in my prayers.  I believe in prayer and  and that God takes care of his own.   You will be prayed for in my church also.
    Keep your faith my friend.  Jay     

JimNolan

Tim,
  I so very sorry to hear about your cancer. I wish strength for you and your family while you face this challenge. Hopefully the doctors can add to the miracle the Lord may bestow upon you. I pray the best for you and your family. Jim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

RICH MUISE

Just checking in....not too much exciting going on around here. It's been an odd 6 weeks weather wise..our rainfall has been a much needed 12" for the year..most of it in the past 6 weeks. It's been raising heck with trying to get the last side of the house finished up, but I'm not complaining. I had to clear out a bunch of bushes, trees and soil buildup on that side of the house before I could even begin, so there's nothing but dirt there..at least it used to be dirt..now it's mud. If we get a rainstorm, it takes two or three days for it to dry out enough to walk on. I finally got the framing rebuit, new windows and insulation in, and it sealed up with the house wrap. I've split up the work into 3 sections so I wouldn't have too much exposed at any one time...I'm working on the second section now. I finally got to start putting the siding on yesterday. It seems like if it's not raining, it's in the high 90's, so I'm fighting that also.
I went to Oklahoma City a few days ago, where they've also had alot of rain..North Texas and Oklahoma is about as lush and green as I've ever seen it....very unusual for July, as it's normally so hot and dry most of the grasses are dead. I've had to mow twice a week for the last month or so..don't think I mowed 4 times last year.
Tim...just wanted to let you know you're in my thoughts, and I know others also.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Anyone else notice the ''teaser'' line under Mr. Potters' avatar ? Wonder what is coming our way ?

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

sprink88

oooo, No. I have to go look now!
~Chris

hotroddonnie

I don't know you vary well Tim...but regardless I hope for the best. I'm only 52 and lost a friend last Christmas from cancer, he was only 53, a great friend for over 30 years. I'm also not afraid of death, but my wife and kids love me and that's what I worry about. Cancer sucks! HRD

JPotter57

Anyone heard from Tim lately?  Just wondering about him.
As for my byline, just a little change until my 312 is finished.  I have a pet 351 cleveland built to.Boss 351.specs in it.  I plan to run it at the track a few times, at least until I gather the rest of the pieces to do.my f code 312.  Still need to.get the blower redone and round up a couple other things like the shut off rod, oil lines and fittings, fuel pump,  air filter.housing etc.  Probably another $2000 worth of little things to round up.  It will likely be a lot quicker with the 351, but I am looking forward to the uniqueness of the supercharged 312.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ford Blue blood

James I'll be watching that 351C as that is what I built for the Ranchero.  Mine is a 2bbl head with the 71 Boss spec cam, Edelbrock intake and cast iron exhaust manifolds with an AOD and the stock 3:56 gears.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Jay sent me an email last week asking if I had heard from Tim, and I haven't. I figure he's probably away from home on some pretty heavy chemo stuff.
Good to hear some progress, lol albiet slow like mine, James.
I thought I was seeing the light at the end of the tunnel until I finally made up what I think is a complete still-to-do list covering two typed pages. I did finish up my supply and return lines for the fuel system except for a few odd clamps I need.
My summer has been spent working on the house between rainstorms and 100 degree weather. It was up close to a hundered all last week..my wife said I should wait for the cooler weather that was coming in starting today. The cooler weather got here last night..it's thunder n lightin' outside as I type.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

My wiring is almost complete.  I still have to make up a instrument cluster harness.  I want it to be a quick connect something like a late model.  I am still on the fence about gauges too.  I was wanting to keep the original cluster, but I also like real gauges.  Just not sure what I want to do with them.  I think I will probably keep the stock instruments, and add a 2 gauge panel for the volt meter and oil pressure, maybe even a three gauge panel with water temp.  I never did like those under dash panels, but with the right vintage looking stuff, they look ok.   For a full gauge dash panel, I have been looking at Marshall gauges, which are very similar to Autometer Sport Comps, have LED through panel lighting like OEM gauges, and are made in Anaheim, CA.  Very nice looking and a bit cheaper than Autometers.
Now my front wiring is in place, all that is left is to terminate the ends and plug them up.  I put in quick connectors at the firewall so I can remove them if I need to pull the front end.  when I get my inner fenders and radiator support blasted and painted, I will put them on, and fasten the harnesses to it, and it will be done.  Shouldn't be too much longer and I should be able to crank it and drive it around.  I have been working on a preacher friend of mine's 97 F150 for the last couple days, putting a clutch in, now am working on the 3.8 v6 in my daughter's Mustang.  Time is at a premium with school starting back in a couple weeks.  Add in the fact that my church recently got a Trail Life USA troop charter.  TLUSA is a Christian alternative to Boy Scouts of America, and its goal is to teach boys how to become Christian men.  I fully believe in and support the mission of this organization,  and am proud to be part of it.  My boys are super excited to be part of the inaugural year, as we got in on the ground floor of it, and will be part of it from the beginning.  Our first meeting is coming up very soon, as the leaders still have some training to get done in the next couple weeks.  Two or more of us should be going to either Orlando or Waco to get the leadership training, then share with the rest of the group.  It is a massive undertaking, as only one of our group had scout experience other than being a scout parent.  Our troop master was a scout master for over 20 years, so he has plenty of experience.  Add in the fact that we have a new baby on the way this fall, and you can see it is pretty busy at the Potter place.  We do have one driving to help out with taxi duty, and one will be driving soon, should already be, we just don't think she is ready to be turned loose yet.  She needs to work on paying attention a little more, scares the crap outa me sometimes, lol.  I will make an update thread soon, when I get a chance to stop and take a handful of photos.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ecode70D

Rich
   I'm thinking that you may be right that Tim must be undergoing some heavy/serious treatment.  We should continue to keep him in our prayers.  He'll get back to us when he is ready.
   James
That's music to my old ears just knowing that you are thinking about re-installing a Y block.  Maybe you might consider putting a carburetor on it while you are rounding up the missing F parts.   Jay